Bishoujo ni Natta kedo, Netoge Haijin Yattemasu.

Contributor
@troygarcia28 it honestly feels like an Atelier game fan read OSO and thought to himself “this would be better if the main character *actually* became a girl rather than just playing as one” then went ahead and wrote it.

Imagine if this disease was a thing instead of covid

*female population stonks*
*male population not stonks*

Group Leader
ive just started translating chapter 6.2. sorry for taking so long. i got really sick and i had important stuff to do.

Group Leader
@drbuns nah it’s just that I was sick and it’s real slow when you have to use google translate which isn’t really reliable. If only I had a proper translator.

Worked for me... Frankly, this manga is turning out to be very similar to Only Sense online but the main character is gender-swapped IRL instead of just in-game.

As other commenter has probably pointed out, this manga is just like OSO, but crappier and gender bent(real). As a self proclaimed gender bender connoisseur, there's no point of the gender bent in this manga other than it just exist. This manga is just cliches piled upon each other, not saying that something is bad because there's a lot of cliche, I am saying this manga didn't do a good job at it. I can see the appeal of this manga, but at this point why not just read oso?
Reading this felt like a bunch of checklist need to be done, and for me, it wasn't that fun either. I would imagine the author just looked at the tags that he like and just mash all of em together. Yeah rejected boi, how about he became a girl? Problem with how people just became a girl that is usually associated with gender bent? Nobody cares about that let's game! Why the hell does the game grant stats based on randomness of your physical build not letting you play how you want? Doesn't matter!
I came for da lolis and not even the lolis could make me stay.

Group Leader
@senzensen yeah basically. its not very fun to read or translate either because its basically explaining useless skills: the manga. they hint to some interesting plot and stuff but i can see its gonna be a long while till we get to that point. the raws are also hard to read cause the small characters are very pixelated and compressed.

Ok so I’ve read up to like around chapter 135 of the wn, and wow, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a story continuously jump between being incredibly good and incredibly bad like this one. What I’m gonna say here really isn’t spoilers, but I’ll tag it anyway in case people are sensitive to what could be defined as such.
Ok first of all, the gender bending stuff. It takes one hell of a hot minute for any of it to become truly plot relevant above the level of “oh shit i’m a girl now”. The way it does become relevant is that after a while, the story starts to split into two parts, the game and real life. Obviously it is important in the real life part. But about quality, basically after about like 50ish chapters I think, protag’s gender gets revealed to his sister, and at that point the plot actually starts, a really interesting plot at that. But the issue is that the plot really only progresses in this real life part. The rest of it, the game part, is just a painfully generic SoL vrmmo fantasy story, with no real substance, and if you read the novel, honestly the game portions are all super skippable. Here’s the biggest issue though: The real life chapters are rather few and far between, like theres maybe 5 real life chapters stuck between every 20 game chapters.
tldr: the story is pretty good, but just an incredibly slow burn.

Also, here’s some actual spoilers if you wanna know what the plot is actually about, sorta like a summary up to where I’ve read
basically, after the story drones on for a while, the main cast start to notice weird shit is happening in the real world. Basically, the game seems to be corrupting the real world. Random objects from the game are suddenly appearing the real world, and even Christianity suddenly disappears overnight and is replaced with the main religion of the game. Protag, apparently not being religious in the past, decides to visit this church out of curiosity and the priestess apparently helps him/her find solace in his new body. Protag and co set out to try and find out what the hell is happening and find that only certain people are able to notice what is happening, while everyone else thinks that these changes have just always been like this, as even history books seem to be getting rewritten. New school year rolls around, and the school board decides to actually not allow protag to keep going to school as normal, and instead s/he has to transfer to this weird religious school set up by the new game religion, and is sorta indoctrinated and becomes like a priestess in training, but s/he’s actually cool with it cuz the religion sorta helped him/her in the past. And thats as far as I’ve read pretty much. Here’s a summary of the game portions tho, which make up like 5x more of the story than the irl portion: Protag seems to be the only fucking alchemy player, and wouldn’t you know it, if you spec into alchemy for long enough, it turns into an actually kinda broken class. Protag and co then go on an incredibly long and drawn out alchemy questline. Really thats it.

haha this manga will have to run for 3 years at least before the actual plot starts.

Dex-chan lover
just finished reading the manga (there's an indonesian tl)
looks like the manga is axed

Users who are viewing this thread