Blacklist:URL Notice

Hello, so I started to read the Manga:
Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure
When I started to read it, everything was fine, then I got to chapter 8, and my virus protect (Avast) started constant popups of there being a Blacklist:URL and I am not really sure what that means, it says that there are scams associated with the page but it isn't saying which ones exactly. I didn't know where to post this so I posted it in support. I will bookmark the manga but won't read anymore until whatever is fixed is done.

@LadyofKnives Sounds like the usual problem with one of the worst antiviruses out there -.- It even has behaviors of a virus itself fyi, meaning that you have to jump thru lots of hoops to actually get rid of it
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=223879.0
plus things like this https://www.safetydetectives.com/blog/avast-scandal-why-we-stopped-recommending-avast-avg/

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
As far as I can tell, Avast doesn't like MD loading images from a different domain.

Aggregator gang
Yeah, had that problem earlier today and just ended up closing the tab to stop getting annoyed of it.

I'm having the same problem, it was so sudden and even kept going after I exited Chrome.
It seems to have stopped when I restarted my computer.

Contributor
I ditched Avast after they had an issue a few years with their web scanner and it not properly handling tls1.3 and haven't looked back. I advise others do the same because at this point Avast has become almost worse than many of the viruses you can get.

Contributor
Depends on what you need and skill set. Personally I just use Windows Defender with backup from ClamAV*.
I have heard decent things about bitdefender's free offering. I would possibly recommend Avira but I have heard that it's starting to go down the path Avast is on.

*ClamAV for Windows lacks real time scanning so I just have scheduled weekly and monthly scans scans

Users who are viewing this thread