Blocking: The upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
So funny how people are vocal about their opinion of a story they 1. are reading illegally 2. paying nothing for (not even ads to this site!) 3. the author most likely doesn’t even speak English good enough understand even if they were interested in what someone who’s parasiting on their work thinks.

Power Uploader
This will be useful to deal with spoilers - some just don't respect the spoiler tag at all and go around asking people not to read this not to read that because ending [blablabla]. At least readers can avoid trolls like that now

Contributor
^This, I can ignore or have a laugh at the stupidity of someone, but I can't delete from my memory out of tags spoilers.

Fed-Kun's army
Agree with Carnage. However, no reporting please. Giving people the illusion of power with no responsibility is a bad idea. People turn into monsters. Anyone who’ve played League of Legends knows what I’m talking about.
You know, people have differences, and people get salty and press the «flag»-button because hey, he insulted me, I’ll flag him back he’s not allowed to do that. And then it uses the time of the mods. Just block, no real harm done besides you not learning how to cope with stressful situations.

Group Leader
@kronix the problem is the terms, you will get the warning from Inigo if you use a word that tr1993rs the poor sn0wfl4kes, but, you know, where you and I lurk, first up we need to be +18 to post there, and you and I are N's and F's and we can have a civilized (or uncivilezed) conversation and you don't get the "preper to die" warning.

In my case, I only comment to call out the ungrateful N's that tell the translators that if they don't comply with their standards, they should not bother. But guess what? You don't see Inigo anywhere, just use a t4b00 word, and the bad word detector starts working and he will appear, pointing his sword at you.

Honestly, I just get in the comments to read spoilers from novelf495 and to call out the ungrateful ones, to discuss anime/manga, I prefer to be anonymous.

Mod Edit: Dude, if you're gonna just use letters in place of the language you're not allowed to use on MD, I'm going to start taking action. Just because you're only breaking the spirit of 5.1 doesn't mean you won't be dinged for it. I suggest you take care how you word future comments and posts.

Thanks,

Zeph

Group Leader
@Keetonman I feel you, they want discussion, but when someone is attacking the translator/scanlator or demands their manga translated when and how they want, they look up and whistle, but you use a taboo word that hurts the fragile feelings of the poor snowflakes, you get the "You Killed My Father, Prepare to Die" warning, because they don't want civilized discussion, they just want to be politically correct, like scumblr.

Well, I have to go to check my privilege.

Dex-chan lover
@ThinkPositive I agree with you so much on this, the blocking feature is pretty much perfect, reporting options always end with mass flagging wars.

Mentioning users by name that we have blocked or dislike should probably NOT be allowed in this thread.
Taking into context what this high traffic thread is about, users mentioned in a negative light here are much more likely to be shunned, or worse, spammed by the readers of the thread. Why we blocked someone seems fine, but who though is TMI IMHO.

We don't need personal complaints about userX by name here, and we don't need people questioning userX in every thread they go to about what they did to piss everyone off. Please consider removing the names, and maybe replacing that picture in pg1 of this thread with a fake username (having an example of what blocking looks like is nice)

Again, this site is ratherextreamly civil, but at the very least, this thread has affected some of the chapter threads I am reading since I apparently share a genre or two with them.

Edit: Anyone else unable to use the bbcode buttons? For me they replace everything I type with the bbcode, and undo doesn't work so I have to retype everything. Firefox 61.0.2, Linux.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
MOD ALERT!!!

This thread has been locked due to it basically devolving into a witch hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread