Blood on the Tracks - Vol. 17 Ch. 153 - A Quiet Space

Dex-chan lover
"Why did they live and why did they die? No reason."
3e00a688fa1261aa92b458b49bab280f.jpg

Group Leader
....ok better to wrap it up here I guess but a let down regardless compared to what the 1st part had to offer :wowee:

Aggregator gang
I see the a lot of people think this was a "depressing" or "lifeless" ending but this is honestly the best ending he could have had. Think about it, AS A CHILD, he witnessed the murder of his own cousin by an abusive & manipulative mother, who gaslit him into thinking he commited the murder. That's a massive trauma that's really hard to overcome but this chapter shows that he was able to age normally (all things considered) and overcome the trauma (hell, he barely thinks about his mom at all).

His life could have turned out much worse, he could have become an alcoholic, drug addict, clinically depressed, off'd himself, etc. But, he ended up living to an old age, peacefully and with no real regrets.
Agreed. I consider this ending a great one. Seiichi emerged from all that horror victoriously, by living a peaceful life. Quiet and free from toxicity. He's content and therefore, happy. Oshimi Shuzo is a genius when it comes to real life issues and how people grow out of their turbulent past to just live and move on.

I worshipped this manga and supported it by buying all the volumes throughout the years. That being said, I hope the mangaka and all of his suspiciously perverse works become a long forgotten memory...just like what he did to Seiko.

Aggregator gang
Well the transition of not remembering the face and last few chapters almost having just one or two panels showcasing the mc actual thought shows an unsettling but peace nonetheless. Happy it's over but yeah ending is decent compare to when it started off (which was a banger)

Dex-chan lover
I think that having such a peaceful and quiet ending after the tension and anticipation of catharsis that permeated every other chapter of the manga is such a nice touch... a big deserved sigh of reflief.

Thank you for scanlating this, I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna say I'm disappointed. He didn't make peace with his mother in real life. He had to imagine a reconciliation with her.

And now we have him after a long time skip with him, just musing about his life prior.

I think I said this again. From after he was released from prison, too many corners were cut and now I'm just left feeling I've gotten to an ending that COULD have a ton of emotional impact, but only holds a fraction of it due to what I just said.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe it's over. I followed this Manga since chapter 1 (6 years ago!) so it's been quite a ride.
Being in the same age as adult Seiichi, everything that came after the timeskip made me relate with him a lot. Sometimes it was very tough to read actually.

My favorite chapter was the one where Seiichi finally had a "good" talk with Seiko. This was the closest to understanding and making up with each other.

I'm happy Seiichi is now enjoying his old days. It's a bittersweet ending and I like how the author let some things open. Since when does he feel better? Did he ever get a wife? Maybe children? It's up to us to interpret.

The lesson I take from this is: Time never stops and even if we had to experience many bad years, we still have the chance to make the best of the time in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Ok so it's finally over. I think I need to reread the whole thing cuz I forgot so much from the beginning and everything else

Dex-chan lover
I see the a lot of people think this was a "depressing" or "lifeless" ending but this is honestly the best ending he could have had. Think about it, AS A CHILD, he witnessed the murder of his own cousin by an abusive & manipulative mother, who gaslit him into thinking he commited the murder. That's a massive trauma that's really hard to overcome but this chapter shows that he was able to age normally (all things considered) and overcome the trauma (hell, he barely thinks about his mom at all).

His life could have turned out much worse, he could have become an alcoholic, drug addict, clinically depressed, off'd himself, etc. But, he ended up living to an old age, peacefully and with no real regrets.
Quick correction, Seiichi witnessed the attempted murder of his cousin by his mother (who was having an episode flashing back to her previously attempted murder of Seiichi as a small child).

Seiichi later unfortunately did cause the death of his cousin while having his own episode of remembering how his mother had previously attempted to kill him as a small child (I think most would agree his delusional/dream-like mental state at the time should make it count as a no-fault manslaughter).

Double-page supporter
Imagine actually spending money to buy the tankoubons for this manga. Like who actually does that? I can't believe that there are more than a few thousand people who actually like this manga that much.
It's readable sure, but worth spending money on the tanks? come on now.
Imagine caring about how other people spend their own money on something they probably liked

Dex-chan lover
Another series that I'm just glad is finally over.
Yeah the last time I felt so strongly that "oh, thank god, my obsessive compulsion to finish reading any series where I make it past chapter 20 can finally be put to rest because the author finally stopped writing it" is when Bleach ended in 2016.

And this one managed to make me feel that way in significantly fewer chapters....

Users who are viewing this thread