Blue Hearts - Vol. 2 Ch. 25 - Secret Words

@givemersspls
But Kaizaki did work at a convenience store. It's what he did prior to joining ReLIFE.

And as far as the work's view of society goes, I'd argue that the justice depicted is rather fair. Justice in and of itself is subjective, and collectivist values, where the status quo is held above all else, extend to the police as well. You're right in that the work is saying that Japanese society is rotten, and then extends that to police and authorities as well by showing that they clearly ignore danger signs, which fits with Yayoi Sou's depictions of Japanese society.

While beating up someone else shouldn't be considered just, what meaning does justice have in a world where those tasked with enforcing it clearly stand by and watch? They couldn't stop Sachi's father from hurting her mother, nor could they prevent those students from harming Sachi. In both cases, it was made clear that the situation escalated over time, and authorities did nothing to stop it. For that matter, the series shows numerous cases where nobody intervenes in clearly violent confrontations, so in that kind of world where's the problem in just standing up for yourself and your friends?

You can always argue with that, but that's my interpretation of what the author is trying to say. I personally think it's a strong criticism of Japanese society.

@givemersspls
Eh, I consider it close enough that it could be Arata given that it's the same author penning both works. If anything, there's really no need to be adding that it might not be since you're really just aiming to spoil someone else's fun. Call it realism, but I'm not interested in it when we're talking about entertainment.

The way that both the domestic violence that killed Sachi's mother and the bullying that killed Sachi escalated speaks to just how ineffectual law enforcement and similiar voices of authority are.
Sachi's bullying took place over at least a few months with the change in seasons.

As far as fixing law enforcement goes, that's a fine goal but neither the characters in the story nor Yayoi Sou have any real way of doing that. You're effectively asking a bunch of hormonally charged teenagers to continue watching other students get emotionally, physically, and sexually abused to the point of suicide, and just hold it in, in the hopes that they might fix it when they're adults. You may consider that to be admirable, but I personally think that that's idiotic. They're not fighting to end bullying and rape as a whole, just to stop the cases that directly impact their own friends and family. That may be hypocritical, but it's far more practical than fixing an entire system of beliefs and problems. Hell, we've got police killing innocent citizens these days, and that hasn't resulted in any major change.

@givemersspls

I can see your point, but ultimately we're just going to go around in circles speculating about a fictional police force.
You're just going to keep advocating optimistically to fix the system, whereas I'm just going to keep talking nihilistically on how that system can't/won't be fixed.
I don't see any real point in going any further when we're just going to reinforce our own opinions.

I have no real issue with the small-scale self-imposed justice that's on display here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls Japanese justice and law system? Police? Don't make me laugh. Do you know the case of Junko Furuta? If you don't, read up on it, that will show you how effective is the police and legal system in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
And this is why I laugh at some countries marketing their law enforcement as "crime stoppers". Law enforcement responds to crime and under ideal circumstances prevent further crime from being committed, prosecute the offenders and potentially deter future offenders by doing so but they cannot act unless a crime has already been committed. Hell in some countries even the act of planning a terrorist attack is not a crime so the police can't do a damn thing until the person actually puts that plan into action... but then if we start arguing for preemptive law enforcement we start treading into Orwell and Minority Report territory :/

Mini tangential rant from a person who has/is working in Law Enforcement in one of said countries and has multiple family members who also either were or currently are.

Double-page supporter
Author won't give us a vengeance chapter full of correcting wrong doing. Seems like this will be a wholesome manga full of neuterement instead of actually creating pleasant memories from justice.

We have a wrongful death, which lead to our FMC to suffer from sociophobia which had hinder her from progressing in life normally but finding the secret meaning of some paper will surely right these wrongs.🙄

Double-page supporter
@givemersspls
You conveniently forget the reason why they raped her is because she was 6 timing them. Yes, It is an extreme case of thot patrol but if she wasn't 6 timing them, it wouldn't have happened. The fact that you think the rapists should've been dealt with by police tells me you are not in the position to judge other's actions since you can't and won't look at the cases as the complex matters they are and judge it off as crime and justice is black and white.
The answer is simple to handling issues like this, write a detailed law book and give law abiding citizens the power to carry. As a bootlicker you should already know that most killers are not mentally ill. This is the dilemma I present to you: Do you rather prefer to create a police state or give the right to carry to citizens? The mom could've defended herself in self defense and she wouldn't be charged in a reasonable legal system.

@MacMeaties
You never considered the possibility of gun rights in this dilemma. That's the answer, literally.

Double-page supporter
@givemersspls
"In previous chapters, I specifically talked about how Seto's actions were really bad."
Turn on moderated comments and go back 6 months ago, I was there from the start what's your point? I called out the thottery too.

"Yes, she probably deserves to be punished in some way as well based upon the severity of her bad actions. You know who should make those decisions? Should these random teenage boys make that decision? Should Yuuhi make the decision of whether to punish those people? Should random people make the decision of whether to punish others?"
1.The offended should decided the fate of the offender. 2. Yes, because they were the ones who got deceived. 3. No, he shouldn't have laid hands on them at all, since this is just another example of cause and effect. 4. You're proposing that.

"I'm saying that a legal system system should make the decision as to whether and to what extent to punish them, Seto included."
No. We know that corruption exists within the court system so this legal system you present is moot. It's funny you conveniently ignore my detailed law book proposal but go ham on the idea of giving law abiding citizens gun rights, bootlicker indeed.

"The mother could've defended herself? Yeah, the mother could've also been killed more easily by the same gun. It is irrelevant to the issue."
fair point

Double-page supporter
Love the little ReLIFE cameos. Hishiro eating her ramen as a first year early on and now Kaizaki at the Daymart.

Man, came to this comment section to see comments of the cameo but instead i find people thinking rape is somehow comparable to cheating. The internet was a mistake.

Contributor
So this story is happening just before Relife.
With Kaizaki here doing his partime job, and Hishiro eating her ramen alone during her 1st year.

Dex-chan lover
U8.jpg

DO IT!!!! DO IT!!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread