Blue Lock - Vol. 8 Ch. 65 - A Prank of Fate

Ty for the chapters. It should finish in the next one I think. I hope Barou scores!

Dex-chan lover
And people were saying that the MC didn't have personality. Looks like he's got it now.

Dex-chan lover
@genesic_gunleon @kunigami @es_kan
Is the word triggering y'all?
You retards.

it's a small jab at your expense folks, don't take this too personally. This is a manga about people becoming more and more egotistical, they are not nice, they don't care about each others sensibilities, or yours. And reminder that humanity will always appropriate words to denote that someone is a special kind of dumbass for the express purporses of shitting on each other.

There was once a time they figured they'd call people with disabilities mongoloids! Now that, that was fucked up. It associated a whole etnicity of people with the physical characteristics people with mental disabilities developed. And of course, society seized that. And since the word then got a bad conotation, medical professionals figured they needed a new one.

And the cycle kept going, febble-minded, mentally impaired, mentally damaged, they come up with shit, people seize it to insult each other, and so will it ever be until they pick up an actually hard to remember description for the thing, heck, retarded is not even used anymore because of that exact reason! You don't see a doctor going "Your kid is retarded anymore" because they know it sounds bad.

Don't get all insulted over a word, it just makes y'all look bad.

And if y'all think that the behavior they're showing in the story, or if someone calls out that word in real life on a similar circunstance, is an instance of them trying to insult people with learning disabilities.

Well.... That's pretty retarded....

People not noticing Isagi is using that word to trigger Barou more and more since he used a lot toward other people.

With how crappy the Blue Lock Man is,

is that facility could turn someone into a decent striker? Data from world class goalkeeper my butt, that's a neighborhood football team's quality at best

I kind of agree I find the use of the word retard to be a bit too much. In the french translation they went with "weakling" which I thought fit a bit better

Thanks for the translation as always!

Can y'all retards please stop using the word retard, it's extremely retarded and hurts my feelings
because I'm a retard

@gamerstyle666 it's a slur on the same level as faggot, it's something when someone like Baro uses it but when MC uses it multiple times it feels out of place

Retard is a lot more fitting for intensity besides the way Barou has been till now on the field is like a one-track mind that won't go past 1st grade but wants to do 1+1 only and reach Uni despite knowing that he won't ever make it like that but it's out of being stubborn won't learn more.

Users who are viewing this thread