Blue Lock

The art is really good, but the story is super generic so far. It feels really edgy and isn’t exactly anything new :< And it’s not like I don’t like other common sports manga either (ie Haikyuu or Kuroko), I think the downfall of this one is the MC. He’s extremely boring :// the side characters are alright so far tho.

I’m gna keep reading for now bc of the art, in hopes of it getting better in the future.

EDIT: The twist in ch39 was a nice surprise :00 I just wish the MC have even somewhat of a semblance of a personality :((

If this ever becomes an anime I feel like the budget would be pretty high, can’t be half assed like the opm season 2 style that had awkward animation

@someoneoutintheworld :

I think his personality is subtle. It's not overwhelming like MCs I've seen in other anime or manga (specially sports genre or even just Shonen). I like it. It makes the action the main focus and feel like we're in the moment because his core quality as a character is his drive to win and grow. His personality imo is great. He is driven, intelligent, and cares about others. Sure he's not slap stick funny, but this manga is pretty intense and I enjoy that he isn't. The cast around him fill in the roles of more funnier characters that flesh out the comic in a typical way. I thought (forgot his name guy who was defending in team Z and screaming) was funny and the side characters are really interesting imo. The side stories don't override the main story, but compliment it in a nice way too.

This manga overall is hype. I will be so happy the day this is a high quality anime. I'm excited for the rode ahead and seeing how Isagi does in the soccer world after Blue Lock. It'll be really interesting to see normal soccer matches go down and see other world stars in this.

@Phantomhive

Usually a jump in chapters esp in this manga means A pair of two was bored of waiting for the next chapters so they translate the chapters outside of what another group already planned to avoid conflict.

In this case, Otaku will probably scanlate 56 - 59.

I love the art style but damn this manga is so formulaic you can basically predict the main characters overarching themes and write each chapter by yourself.

Isagi goes into a match, realizes he's fucking useless, gets a random motivation from getting scored on x amount of times, suddenly unlocks new ability.

Supporting cast carries Isagi barely until he is ready to not suck and then Isagi does something to change the match odds and is commended for it despite not showing up for the match until the last minute.

Glasses nerd shills the Blue Lock system and just acts like he knows what he's doing w basically no involvement in the manga except to continue the overarching idea that he is some all knowing striker-producing genius.

Opposing cast is about 99% guaranteed to score first, and will most likely show up the other team to give Isagi some resistance so he can unlock a new skill which he never uses again or if he does, the skill that was developed over 4 chapters is now a quick mention until he figures something new.

Double-page supporter
Hell, r/bluelock. This got sniped from Mono Scans because the sniper thought they were too slow in their releases, and then they proved they could do it faster. You can't snipe them with slower release speed AND worse quality, that's just bull.

Interesting to note, how all the covers have a collar and chain around the cover characters.

Let's use the right term here...
Yes, he played right Rooney who actually best position is just below the striker and before the attacking midfielder.
Which, we called this the Shadow Striker

If I could, I would rate it as 20 stars. If Eyeshield 21 made people like american football, this can even make americans like football. But just like Eyeshield, this can be even better than real professional football. Because just like in the NFL, some teams just suck. 20/10.

Users who are viewing this thread