Blue Period - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Actually Naive?

It actually written on the this volume character intro the yuka is a guy who love crossdress. So he is a guy. Why there’s still so many that questioning that ? -.-

Aggregator gang
The pronoun stuff is difficult because Japanese doesn’t really use gendered pronouns. So the decision on “he”/“she” is generally at the discretion of the translators. I think they’ve made the correct decision, so far, with “he” for a couple of reasons. One is that, as others have said, I don’t think it’s apparent that Yuka considers themself “female” as opposed to someone who prefers to dress and present as female. A small distinction to be sure, but I think it’s important in the context of the story. Yuka and Yaguchi are both still “finding themselves.” The other reason is that the “he” is mostly used in Yaguchi’s inner monologue. I think it’s believable that a teenage boy in a culture that is unlikely broadly aware of transgendered people would default to thinking of Yuka as male. I don’t know for sure what public perception and awareness of trans people is in Japan, but I do know that the country is quite a few years “behind” Western countries on issues like gay marriage. It would not surprise me if transgendered people aren’t even on the radar.

Aggregator gang
What's with the fuss about the use of pronoun here? He was perfectly aware that he was a male, he never desire to be a female. He's simply crossdressing, not transitioning. Thats why he was complaining why guys cant date other guy not why he isnt a female.

The problem here is he is demanding too much. Being a lover of someone is just the starting stage of being a partner in life with a prospect of marriage in mind. Although the west had a different definition, the rest of the world consider marriage as binding of a couple that want to start a family. For obvious reason, guys cant give birth, they can't start "their own family". So its perfectly normal why the dude reject him, it would be a different matter if he simply want to be friend and hang out with each other but nope, he want more than that, and the dude doesn't really think it would work.

MD@Home
Notice one trap in first chapter and one more on second chapter not by reading thoroughly but cz looking at comment section

Yuka is definitely trans imo. They don't necessarily have to be a girl though, they seem like a "they"/"idgaf what you call me" kind of person.
While they're probably a minority, there's still a lot of trans people that to some degree identify with their ""bio sex"" even while not identifying with the associated gender.
I've met nb people and trans people that say things like "I'm male, but I'm still a girl/nb/etc" and Yuka comes across as someone like that.
Either way, Yuka is literally canonically queer which is f-cking amazing and beautiful. I love this manga so much.

Tbh, the art industry these days is just interested in the "product" (The concept or an illustration etc) Only a minority think about the individuality and stuff. Art Is basically Design, Draftmanship and Composition. Everyone is focusing on Design and some on Draftmanship but very few on composition and expressing yourself.

Yea i dont really get art either

I understand why she/he is hurt but if the other guy isnt gay its not his fault for rejecting u ffs. He didnt know u have a penis so u basically tried tricking him into dating u.

Yo, I didn't know that dude was actually a dude. I thought it was a girl trying to look like a dude, not the other way around.

Dex-chan lover
@Giblow20
The problem is how.
He said "sorry, I'm normal...you understand" implying that Yuka is abnormal, or weird.
That is the part that hurt, not the rejection itself.

Users who are viewing this thread