Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 29 - I don't have any, do I...?

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Ahh he's found it!! He's finally been told that he needs to find something to like.
I hope Kuwana-san does well too!!

This is one of the most common pieces of advice you'll find from working artists. It's simply to live. Live, play, find romance, go on trips, eat delicious food. It's to let go of the dogged need to prove yourself and pour all your time into art. You can't draw as well if you don't have anything you want to express. Your experiences become a pool of ideas you can draw on for inspiration. It becomes a resource for making things feel tangible. It's hard to depict things well if you've never experienced or seen it personally, so you should go see and experience a lot!!

Tbh a lot of artists are multimedia too, even if casually. Of my artist friends, I don't know a single one who doesn't dabble in some other media on the side. Fiber arts ranging from costume making, plush dolls, to embroidery is a popular one. Some do music. Several write. One bakes bread! When new technology, like VR sculpting, comes out too, everyone hops on the bandwagon.

I'm really happy to see them tackle subjects like having hobbies and diversifying your mediums.

God this manga is so good at capturing atmosphere, wheter that be becoming enraptured with art or being fully submerged in existential anxiety. I can see this being in my top 10 if it keeps being this good.

@Sem

It interesting how any creativity can be fueled by having a diverse experience base to pull from. I think there was a study of nobel prize winners where in the conclusion was that the winners were 3 times more likely to have another creative hobby compared to their peers.

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." - Henry David Thoreau

I swear to god, in this pandemic period where my college life, or lack of it, is thrown off-balance this manga really resonates. With isolation being somewhat the norm I've become more and more doubtful of myself and frequently asks what the heck am I even doing. This manga really helps me come to terms with that, especially this chapter, and it goes for ANYONE IN COLLEGE NO MATTER WHAT YOU MAJOR IN. It's fine to just stop a bit and do what you want to do.

Remember that we're living in a pretty tough time, and there's nothing wrong with taking a breather every now and then. Stay healthy everyone

AHHH IM SO HAPPY WITH THIS CHAPTER!!! these last couple ones have been Rough with yatora's depleting self-esteem, but he has such a good support system ;-; i'm happy he has such a diverse range of peers from different walks of life that can offer advice and perspective, because that's what he's really been needing lately (and kuwana ahhh<3). i'm so glad kuwana opened his eyes and told yatora to learn to forgive himself, and that she's also broadening her horizons as well. so happy this chapter ended on such an uplifting note :') thank you for your hard work!!!

I swear, this is one of the few manga that I check for updates on every few days. I'm glad to see Yatora is coming out of his slump, and that Kuwana-san was able to help him.
They make a cute couple, if the author want's to explore that route. Especially if they becoming art partners, and open an exhibit together.

Group Leader
Oh man, I love this series.

Also try to read this chapter again with Yoasobi - Aquamarine/Gunjou playing in the background. Damn, the immersion is good. FYI, YOASOBI take inspiration from Blue Period for Gunjou single. Also releasing this chapter at the same time as Gunjou (The First Take) release? Damn you.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@LoLyeah
They were amazing!! I didn't expect Ayase to play live, and I definitely didn't expect Plusonica to show up for the chorus!!

I'm going to be so sad if the anime comes out and Gunjo isn't the opening

Users who are viewing this thread