Blue Period

@taffyx30

I’m probably in my own bubble on the Internet but where the fuck r ppl makin fun of traps in anime??? Iv seen literally no one who has. Maybe this comment section is triggered cuz of the trans character (mangadex is very toxic), but most MEN who watch anime don’t mind. Tho I get that there r a lot of homophobes irl.

I REALLY REALLY DOUBT that most guys will get triggered, Astolfo wouldn’t be such an iconic waifu if most MEN disliked traps.

Don’t worry about non anime watchers causing an “outrage”, they can’t do jack shit and at the end of the day Japan doesn’t give af.

I'm an art graduate and the way how the author depict the learning process during Yaguchi's first week in Geidai is so accurate, it makes me anxious, I feel like I'm re-experiencing my first year in college, and how the author describe the thought process made by Yaguchi to approach each of his pieces is exactly how I think as an artist before I made my pieces. Definitely 10/10.

Also, it's sad that you people kept arguing about the BS about trans/crossdresser character, that part really isn't that important, I even forgot that there's a trans/crossdresser character here. Y'all people are really missing the real goldmine that is the story, and how the character develop their creative thought process.

This manga is deeper than that identipol BS. First and foremost, this is about art, and could be a good introduction for any of you who are interested in how to develop your creative thinking process to create your own art piece, and you all are dragging this masterpiece down to the mud with all of your identipol garbage. Shame on you.

This manga is so good. I really hope the scanlations will catch up to the raw ! Top shit !

Double-page supporter
oof this hurts to read but i know he'll get through it ;_;

This guy suffers with an impostor syndrome, oh god, I can relate to him soo much... I hope he'll find his confidence, I also struggled (and I am also currently struggling) a lot with first months at first year at art university.
This manga really awakens strong feelings in me, thanks for the translation!

@smolbaka @taffyx30 so the mora of the story is, people are either gonna be mad dude bros over the guy presenting feminine/crossdressing and the boring “gay” meme won’t end or the idiots that force everything to be representation while disregarding the canon material are gonna get a hold of this

Banned
@irumacchis

Yeah pretty much.

I now just ignore the western anime community. Let it rot and eat itself with representation quotas while I enjoy my otokonoko characters from abroad.

Sometimes I think weeaboos have a point about japan having a superior culture.

Cause at least from what I can tell they don't make such a huge deal out of identity and other non sense.

@Kelpy_G556 well that is true I have a feeling Japan might cut off the west especially with them always harassing anime staff , manga/LN creators and voice actors/actresses.
@irumacchis we'll just have to see when it airs.

i want this in colour but this manga is really beautiful, if it becomes an anime it be real good, It would be great if the animators of Iroduku made it..

9/10, great manga with great art that can trigger your creative juices and make you question your own passions and desires of any creative branch you are working on. It is just a short step away from being a masterpiece, and I think it will be clear if it is one in the end.

@taffyx30 yeah i hope it just doesn’t become the majority within the western fandom because i’m gonna have to end up relying on google translate from now on. hope no creator is harassed for something that’s nowhere near worthy of being harassed for this time. @smolbaka otokonoko fans are already so small and niche but it’s already hell to be in because of everyone outside of it. japanese fans tho are seriously the chillest you’ll find.

Banned
@irumacchis

Yeah I hear about how otokonoko is such a small niche even within japan.

You know, speaking of the term "otokonoko" it reminds me of a time when twitter weirdos seriously thought it was a slur and tried to "reclaim" it as a trans word.
Ej4cbb3XgAEsBON

It's idiotic at best, but it kinda worries me that the west might actually start to perceive otokonoko as a trans term or something.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

@smolbaka fucking hell they want everything to be a slur. otokono doesn't even have a bad meaning. they did it to trap, they tried it with femboy and now otokonoko? none of these people are japanese in the first place i dont see why they have to call every niche foreign word a slur. They made trap into a trans word out of nowhere it might happen, honestly. even with the tiniest basic understanding of japanese you can see it literally means feminine male. don't see why everythng gender neutral/gender nonconforming means it has to be trans representation.

Users who are viewing this thread