Blue Period

this finally getting an adaptation makes me so happy as ive been keeping up for so long. but what worries me is that the now small fandom is gonna be overrun by the annoying westerners that project on to everything and make being in circles that enjoy this less fun. but lets hope for a successful airing because this manga and the mangaka deserve it so much along with the artsits that pitched in and drew all the amazing paintings and sketches.

@smolbaka I have to agree, they are so desperate to be included into everything even though trans people are less than 0.5% of the world population

Banned
@taffyx30

It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

@smolbaka thankfully sales in the west and America for manga are low so the west has little to no control on anime... usually the most a manga sales is about 30k in USA and don't let Amazon and Bookwalker top manga fool you they only selling 10k+ for the top manga

Banned
@taffyx30

Well, I'm not holding much hope that they won't label this character off the bat as trans representation.

- doesn't like his given name
- family doesn't accept him
- likes to dress in girls clothes

Yep that's enough evidence that they're trans!

This stuff isn't exclusive to trans people. And it's tiresome when they think it is.

Yo a masterpiece right off the bat for 2021! This manga is so good I'm going to buy physical copies of it. Even though I'm a noob at art the explanation and analysis are easy to understand and I feel inspired to make art myself. I have read manga for a long long time and it's the first I encounter one about painting. A rare treasure. Thank you for the translation teams that make it possible to read it here. 😍

Dex-chan lover
Really happy that this is getting an anime! seeing the works in full color and the process should be an amazing experience!

Didn't expect an anime announcement went I just went to check it was recently updated but with no new chapters translated in eng or spa

Seeing this finally getting an adaptation is very nice.

Now the west can hammerfist another character into being an identity unnecessarily.

I'm calling it. After all, fandom wikis are already making yuka's gender non binary or "possible" trans.

As an art student, I can relate to this manga a lot! Definitely the best manga I've ever read ><

Dex-chan lover
Short review :

This manga is.... You have to be in the know to understand what's good about it. You have to be an artist to see what's good about it or atleast have a passion in drawing / painting.

This manga is very technical in nature and many things goes over the head if you never draw, and it's very VERY hard to get when they goes "This one is a good art" while they're showing a shadowy thingy on the canvas (which happen a lot)

And when he asks "Why is my art is not good" the answer will be very subjective (ie : I'm not reading your expression in this painting) or too technical (ie : See this triangle over here? Your composition is lacking)

Unfortunately I'm "Not in the know", and frankly it gets boring if you can't relate on many things about this manga. I'm dropping it after 14 chapters (mind you, each chapter is like 50 pages), and that 9. something rating is WAY too high for this. (Either that, or those who read it are mostly artist, in which case then they'll get it)

If you are an artist then go ahead and read this, if not then let this be a warning that this manga is not for everyone, even with the high rating

This manga is.... You have to be in the know to understand what's good about it. You have to be an artist to see what's good about it or atleast have a passion in drawing / painting.

i cant agree with this, i have absolutely no ties to art and i never had any interest in it personally, not even now and yet it pulled me in good time
why?
- the MC is a masterpiece by itself plus i have a general curiosity, im just open to many things

i pretty much just scrolled through the first chapter without reading and at the end there was a twist that pulled me in

this manga is a journey about somebody being lost and finding himself and his passion and then obsessing about it
if you liked bakuman, this might be just your thing because it delves deep into the art scene and enviroment while heavily focusing on the MC pushing himself to the limits
every chapter is thrilling and you root for the MC as he himself starts to doubt himself or crumble in front of the new challenges and yet with the interactions and support of the "support characters" he manages to pull himself together

the art overall is good but in the keymoments of the MC it just goes crazy good, very well done

what i didnt enjoy and actually demotivated to continue reading:
at some point they went deeper into the transgender/crossdressing theme for a side character that in the beginning had a big impact on the MC but then vanished for quite some time
it felt like a forced reappearance and a forced topic, i know theres a lot of special snowflakes in the art scene and its a common thing, but i dont enjoy manga being politicized
id have more understanding for it if it was more about the MC but it wasnt, they turned a side character into a main character for a while - obviously they used it to make the MC grow and reflect upon himself but they couldve done it with any other theme/broken character stereotype, so yeah, no thanks, after all maybe 5% of transgender is real, 95% are delusional attentionseeker that regret that period in their life after some year, wicked way to go about your youth identity crisis

Banned
@AverageDudeWithAveragePenis

It's funny you mention that.

I went to go look if it's true and sure enough it was.

"Non binary trans feminine" tf is that??
(How hard is it to just say he's male?)

Whoever did that wiki page was obnoxiously using "they" repeatedly to refer to yuka.

I took it upon myself to edit the gender to male, and use less "theys" a few days ago.

Today I went back and they removed gender and changed everything back to "they".

@taffyx30 the fans on twitter have already turned into dogshit so its happening faster than expected. theyre really going to ruin another masterpiece with their essay think pieces. i mean. nothings wrong with headcanons but people are already getting made at people calling ryuji a he even tho hes a male

Users who are viewing this thread