Blue Period

Dex-chan lover
@akiren because weeaboys really like to quote Admiral Ackbar.
Probably got added out of spite.
The hardcore intentional deadnaming in chapter one was like ā€œnopeā€.

Iā€™ll live without this. Donā€™t make me hate your MC in chapter one...

Double-page supporter
@Thrembs Give it a chance, the author seems self aware. Setting up the mc as intentionally ignorant the same way he started out dismissing art, so he can be shown the error of his ways. I get that it's annoying, but it's a common and useful tactic for changing the audience's mind about issues. The fact her female friends and teacher call her by her chosen name in a manga is basically a miracle.

apparently there will be an official English release starting in october

Dex-chan lover
@Turkeyjerkey I donā€™t need to see his journey to not being an ass.
Iā€™ll just keep to me usual habits of seeking out non-problematic BL and reading esoteric Jewish texts.

My personal favourite I've been reading recently. Wish the chapters were more frequent but they are always amazing so it's worth the wait :)

Super happy that this won this yearā€™s Taisho awards. Honestly this is an underrated gem compared to other more mainstream popular mangas on this site and it deserves more love and attention from everyone <3

Wow. This is such a good read. Attention to artistic methods, likeable characters; It's like what Moyasimon was to microbes and science, but with art. Really digging it.

You can pre-order the official English translations here:
https://bookshop.org/books/blue-period-1/9781646511129

Dex-chan lover
So good and the main character is so relatable to me ;___; every feeling he has about art is something Iā€™m experiencing right now. But I wish those feelings and conflicts were as easy to resolve as they are in manga :,)

Group Leader
It really isn't that hard to tell why this manga has such a high rating,

Such an amazing read and makes you think.

@Tsudow I love series where the protag starts their passion late in life and plays catch up are always fun for me(this manga, welcome to the ballroom, and baby steps for example)

Users who are viewing this thread