Bocchi Jieikan no Isekai Funsenki - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - SDF go west 2

Dex-chan lover
So wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MC ability to only summon stuff that is a standard issue for a JSDF Officier? I don't think JSDF officers are allowed to have the stuff that the MC is using unless I'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
How big are fairies in this world if she thinks they're the size of drones?
(I'm currently thinking of tinker bell size fairies)
and man do i feel like he should summon a Tank.
Fairies in general are more like just a type of spirit (and sometimes other magical beings, like sometimes goblins are called fairies in certain folklore), tinkerbell specifically is more like a pixie (which is basically just a "small fairy"). But if you've ever heard of Oberon or Titania, the king+queen of fairies, they're typically shown to be the same size as normal people, but still fairies. So, depending on how fairies look in this world, it's not too weird to think they might be that large.

I think typically the only real common feature is that fairies are typically humanoid (where other spirit-type beings might be more varied or ethereal), though the small fairy / pixie with wings version is pretty popular. Though saying that, a quadcopter drone is definitely not humanoid, so who knows what exactly defines fairies in this world.

Dex-chan lover
So wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the MC ability to only summon stuff that is a standard issue for a JSDF Officier? I don't think JSDF officers are allowed to have the stuff that the MC is using unless I'm wrong.
Unless we have other resources, the only thing we can do is trust in the Japanese author to do his homework. ;3

Also if you're interested in such things, the Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Agency of Japan has a YT channel. Stuff they're doing, what they have, alongside declassified R&D topics.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, one of my dreams is to have one of those high-speed drones, so I can feel what it is like to be Superman or Son Goku.

Flying drone footage

Dex-chan lover
The question should be: What level of officer would have the clearance to obtain these as standard issue?
It seems like as he levels up, his “rank” in the JSDF, in relation to this world, goes up. This increases his clearance to obtain things.
I'm just spitballing here.
A mini edit: He may also be branch or MOS hopping as well.

Double-page supporter
since they are only here for recon and extraction heli would be better imo
I think a tank is more forgiving for a complete newbie to use... like, if you can drive an excavator, you can probably drive a tank? I don't think people would say the same with a helicopter. But yeah, it does sound like fun :)

Dex-chan lover
He's on essentially a covert ops since it's not only a recon but also a rescue mission but still donning that dumbass camouflage in the dark lmao at least wear something dark

Here's to hoping there's at least a suppressor or even a flash hider on their rifle for that mission

"I guess I still haven't told you why I got a new shield"
New? That's clearly his old scaleless shield.

Double-page supporter
The question should be: What level of officer would have the clearance to obtain these as standard issue?
It seems like as he levels up, his “rank” in the JSDF, in relation to this world, goes up. This increases his clearance to obtain things.
I'm just spitballing here.
A mini edit: He may also be branch or MOS hopping as well.
Ohhhh, that’s interesting. So maybe that’s why the first Japanese that was there can bring out those tanks too. Meaning it’s not that he isn’t bringing out the tank/heli, but can’t bring it out because his rank isn’t there yet…

Users who are viewing this thread