Bocchi no Boku ni Kyousei Kanojo ga Yattekita - Vol. 5 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
2,620
Umm, I guess this is what I wanted... no, that's a lie. What have these 30 chapters been for? Feels like the story is Asano being a catalyst for the MC recognizing that he needs to change, but shouldn't that be apparent sooner and like shouldn't things like this happen sooner? That way we can spend time on him changing himself and then more time on their relationship after he is more confident and trying to move forward. I mean, what even was this for? The romance was truly fake if we're going with that he didn't enjoy dating at all, and we've also lost a lot of time that could've been spent on his self growth.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
24,194
Umm, I guess this is what I wanted... no, that's a lie. What have these 30 chapters been for? Feels like the story is Asano being a catalyst for the MC recognizing that he needs to change, but shouldn't that be apparent sooner and like shouldn't things like this happen sooner? That way we can spend time on him changing himself and then more time on their relationship after he is more confident and trying to move forward. I mean, what even was this for? The romance was truly fake if we're going with that he didn't enjoy dating at all, and we've also lost a lot of time that could've been spent on his self growth.
The depth of his mental state was revealed pretty slowly, though. That being said, I feel like the last chapters were too flimsy, reflecting poorly how broken he supposedly was. How this time limit and everything was presented, it feels more like depicting a person who's in a financially messy situation, or stuck with a dubious job, and who asks someone to wait half a year until he gets it sorted out. This didn't feel like a person with psychological problems trying to find a path forward in life, after a decade basically wasted away.

So, yes, just based on the last chapters, I'd agree with you on asking what the 30 chapters were for. If the author had instead stuck to how broken the man was, then those melancholy 30 chapters would make more sense.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 26, 2023
Messages
598
...the last 2 chapters completely lost me. i can't make sense of what left to right... so he didn't enjoy going out with her. but still likes her... like a friend... but he thinks he doesn't even deserve that... like, dude, you barely held hands twice. didn't even get an indirect kiss. you kinda barely, qualify as friends.
and FMC. she happy he actually invited her to the concert but, seeing him still in shambles decides to break-up with him? why? cuz he self-deprecating to much? i get it, getting ghosted a month sucked. but, it feels like she just decided on the break-up here and there. cuz MC wasn't, i donno, all happy to be out with her after so long? how do you reach to that conclusion from being fond of someone to not wanting to see them at all anymore? women... even in fiction, mysterious creatures~~
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,252
I actually get the having doubts about whether or not he enjoyed their time together; and still liking her (and having doubts) despite that.

But holy fuck -- putting your life on hold for 6 months is a nightmare
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
125
Waiting someone for 6 months is CRAZY..... Tbh I rather to go in relationship with someone else 🙏😭
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top