Bocchi Tenseiki - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
I like how they were just talking it out while the raccoon girl is bleeding out on the ground. At least they healed her before celebrating. Plus I get that this is her chance to have a character defining moment of growth and go from being a girl who only wants to bang her master to someone that can actually fight, but letting this band of slavers go instead of easily killing them all is a mistake.

Seriously, between Wolfe, the elf girl's magic, and I'm sure that lamia is hiding somewhere, they could take them all out without the MC even having to step in.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update

Edit: just murder them

Dex-chan lover
Hey... JP author... you want to know what a "shobu"/"duel" looks like when one side is r_ping, enslaving, and pillaging your country and neighbors?

It's called war. Or self-defense. You kill them. Immediately. Preferably before they do it / while they are doing it / to stop them from doing it.

This is a hard drop.

Dex-chan lover
Assuming, of course, that the slavers even come back in a month for the duel. It's not like this is a Binding Magical Contract.

Dex-chan lover
This is getting more and more dumb by the chapter.
First the fact he won't touch the girls even when they show interest in him outside of just because they are his slaves, then impossible sneak attack last chapter, and now letting these guys walk away because "it might cause problems for the villagers" AFTER hearing their plans to attack another village and finally asking for a honorable duel from guys who are clearly honorless!? Like, really!?

I actually kind of hope for a dark turn out, she ends up losing and gets raped right in front of him JUST to let something resembling intellect and regret for past stupidity flows through his head. Plus did he even think about how the villagers will feel for him just letting go the people who severely injured them and tried to sell them off?

I can't really add anything to what everyone said already here... I think collectively they have the same IQ than a jellyfish, being generous.

It feels like if the author wanted to force the "growth" and overcoming of trauma somehow but chose the most stupid way to go with it.

Dex-chan lover
…this is a filler isn’t it? There’s no reason why MC can’t just kill the slavers. If he really cares abt the villagers, he should’ve squished the bandits.

Dex-chan lover
Oh god. Letting a bunch of murderers and slavers go. What "best way to minimalize casualties", you are letting murderers and slavers go! Those bad guys even said right in front of you that they will visit the next village, and they only need half a day journey!

At least Angela still had conscience to try to stop these slavers. But again, Remilia with her SMART decided to give these evil bad guys a whole month to continue doing their crimes. Even though they can just kill them all right then. Angela can simply overcome her trauma by giving the last blow to these slavers.

Worse, the prize of winning that "duel" was just a promise that the slavers will stop their slave hunting. That means that our stupid good guys never intended to just kill them and solve the problem permanently. And did they think that those slavers will actually follow that promise?

Yup, hard drop. :shamihuh:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
:glee:yay, after losing a match against kakarot, he'll be real sorry and turn over a new leaf. And they can be all buddy buddies

Double-page supporter
this is dumb as hell they could of just easily killed all the slavers

Users who are viewing this thread