Bocchi the Rock! Gaiden: Hiroi Kikuri no Fukazake Nikki - Ch. 13 - Chapter 13

h9svfj24qifc1.png

Fed-Kun's army
"Not really many differences."
Yeah I would go to a live house and think "Wow now that I think about it, insert band name here is a live band"

No shit its a live band, they're performing in a live house.

I knew people would whine about that. Do you actually speak English or go to gigs? When you say a band is ‘a live band’ it means they’re a band that excels at live performance. Ask any music fan in the UK… And probably America

While I’m here I might as well say that people who are saying it’s unreadable probably aren’t native speakers or have problems with their English. I’m an English Literature graduate so I can definitely form sentences.

Double-page supporter
While I’m here I might as well say that people who are saying it’s unreadable probably aren’t native speakers or have problems with their English. I’m an English Literature graduate so I can definitely form sentences.
Not English Translation, Japanese Culture, or Japanese Literature. Your translations sucks, that's a fact. Your "I know English because I graduated as people who studied it" doesn't hold any merit in the actual translation scene.

You get the name order wrong, and the word nuances and contexts wrong and missing, and that not getting into other territories like visual quality yet which is terrible. Your "English Literature graduate" does not make sense in whatever you do here. It's unreadable because you wrote your fan fiction to replace the dialogue here.

If you are here just to be a jerk who thinks "knowing English" gives you the merit of being a "white knight" then you are not welcomed by us. Not only do you snipe this, but also think that everybody needs to owe you, but in reality, you are the one that pollutes the quality of the series.

Dex-chan lover
Graduated from the Mumbai University of Duwang. Image resolution is horrible and you forgot to correctly translate the final joke of this chapter.

I knew people would whine about that. Do you actually speak English or go to gigs? When you say a band is ‘a live band’ it means they’re a band that excels at live performance. Ask any music fan in the UK… And probably America
Nice misdirection. Yes, bands are often described as "live bands" like bands that are best seen live. No, it does not work well in this translation. A better way of saying the same thing is done by, hmm... I wonder who... OH YEAH! The person you're sniping from, rukoou.
Alright I'll take the bait so hopefully you leave and work on another series instead. There are PLENTY available.

Page 2:
  • You would never say someone is "on" top form - it's IN top form.
  • You have the club owner saying shit without any given context. "Those kids are in the dressing room" when you didn't establish who they're talking about.
Page 3:
  • "Sick Hack cover and an interview." is a sentence fragment, "English Literature graduate".
  • You forgot a comma after "For some reason"
  • "I don't want to do it" makes no sense. She's been looking forward to this for a while. rukoou properly expressed this by mentioning her nerves.
  • "I'll bite you!" ... what?
Page 4:
  • No comma after "Pleased to meet you"
  • No comma after "Sorry". Let them take breaths with natural conversation flow.
Page 5:
  • No notes
Page 6:
  • "it was after such a powerful performance" Using "it" doesn't make much sense after what you made Shima say. Clunky af.
  • "very drunk" is not unusual for Hiroi... like at all. Do you even read this series? "Alcohol poisoning" makes much more sense, again, like rukoou said.
And that's not even a third of it. You can't get on your high horse and suck at the same time. Also, your scans suck.

Now piss off.

Dex-chan lover
Sure deleting and uploading again same chapter, to just get rid of negative comments, should violate some site rules?
Bad language skills actually make it harder to notice bad translation. Non-native may think he remembering rules wrong. When native level speaker notice mistakes instantly.

Tsukiakari's comment about Japanese culture is a legitimate criticism. That would make a translation bad. You mention name order though but it isn't uniform in their translation. They have 'Shimizu Eliza' and 'Hiroi Kikuri'. Is that just a typo or are they trying to signify the formality of an introduction (I know that’s the Japanese way)? All of Brole's criticisms are a matter of taste and are definitely not necessary edits. I used one fragmented sentence to give the line a more casual, conversational feel. You should be allowed to do this in writing. It also can be 'on top form' or ‘in top form’. You are probably not a native speaker... I'm not trying to be rude, but almost all of your criticisms are redundant. Also, I mentioned that I was an English Literature graduate to refute comments of it being an 'unreadable' translation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread