Boku no Heya ga Dungeon no Kyuukeijo ni Natteshimatta Ken

@ Belisar thank you ! Finally a sane person...

Also jesus fucking christ people! @gaigous @Lan @Final try tranlsating into Japanese and see if they can understand you! How arrogant can you people be? Rather than making fun of him how about you help him? You treat him like you paid alot of money for his translation! He did it out of his kind heart! I fucking hate this community!!!

Double-page supporter
@YellowChica I apologize to the TL for any pain my comment caused, I'm not used to being considerate of other people's feelings on the internet......

@gaigous, don't apologise to me, apologies to @Askun, but thank you for your maturity on this manner. I think people can easily forget that we are all people here, therefore everyone else please keep that in mind next time you comment.

@YellowChica Better check yourself before you go off like a madman. I made a light jab at the bad quality, not spit in his face and tore his work to pieces. It was bad; (even bad) manga deserves more than this; he knows his level of proficiency; imo, nothing is sometimes better than bad; that's all.

Hell, he didn't even bother using any typical manga font (wild words, for example). I mean, where's your passion for manga?

If you don't want to be criticized by the public; don't post your work to the public. Common sense.

@YellowChica That would be a good idea. I don't have the time on my hands to do it myself but I'd appreciate it all the same. I can tell they were only doing good to try this translation so I didn't mean anything malicious, I'm just saying they should be aware of their limits at the very least, free or not.

You also have to realise some people may be confused that after months of getting troll chapters of this manga in the form of Keijo chapter on other sites, some feel they're being messed with when an actual new chapter appears to be half-assed (even when that wasn't the case).

Double-page supporter
@YellowChica "I apologize to the TL for any pain my comment caused" I did. Also, I draw the line at censoring speech.

I don't understand why people who are bad at English and Japanese translate things.

Like, what's the point? I don't understand the motivation. You are spending all this time and effort to create something bad. Especially manga where you have to redraw it.

Why spend all this time doing something badly? If you want to learn English then writing bad English isn't the way to do it.

I disagree with "no translation is better than a bad translation". Firstly, if you read it you ruin the experience of the manga. Secondly, if you don't then you have to ignore a manga that you would like to read, occasionally checking if the translator changed. Thirdly, it discourages a decent translator fromtranslating it, you don't want to "steal a manga" from someone and don't want to translate chapters already translated.

I don't see why criticizing this translation is bad. It is not art or anything creative. The problem it is simple terrible English. The problems are related to the basic mechanics of how the English language work.

Dex-chan lover
@Final I struggle to find a good font. My device not the best device ever, that can provide me all the good font.

Sorry of all people do not like my work.
I'm working alone, so there's no one can proofreading and correcting my work.
This going to be lesson to me. I will find people who want to proofread my work.

@moridin84 Even though i know the result will be bad. I still post it, why??. Because i want to read criticism from the public. So i know what i lack and what should i do to make my work better. I will try my best to re:Editing Chapter 9. So sorry from deep my heart if you dislike my work. next time i will post it , if is read able.

And last thing i want to say, please suggest me some nice good font that i can use

txn you so much for your criticism.

@Askun
I think the only problem here is that your english are quite lacking , which can be remedied by just getting a proofreader ..... or improve your basic english capability

I appreciated your contribution for giving us freebie chapter with can-be-comprehend english , at least i know what they’re talking about .
You should also check previous translated chapter to make sure the english content stay consistent

@moridin84 Saying that translation isn't a creative endeavor is ignorant and rude to all the translators that slave over moon runes for us ignorant weebs. It really is closer to an art than a science. That's not to say that there's no room for criticism but it really shouldn't take all that long reading translated media to realize that translation isn't an exact science.

@Urabask I admit that there are differences in languages that can be difficult to translate and does require some, maybe a lot, of effort to translate well. However, this particular translator is hardly at that level. He is struggling with the basic mechanics of the English language.

@Askun Criticism?

At least 70% of the lines in the chapter are simply not good English. I could go line by line and tell you how to write them correctly but you'd make the same mistakes next chapter because you don't understand all of the rules of the English language. And even if I explained the rules it's not going to sink in unless you study them properly. And I'm not going to do that and nobody else is... because then we'd end up as your English teacher.

English is hard I know. However, I don't think this is a good way to get better at it.

"Proofreading is the final stage of the editing process, focusing on surface errors such as misspellings and mistakes in grammar and punctuation"

In other words, proofreading is supposed to be a second set of eyes on your work because it's hard to catch everything yourself. It's a lot simpler than the effort needed to improve your translation.

Group Leader
While it would be super to have translations always come mostly good with only simple things left to do... I can assure you this is not the case all that often. A proofreader’s job is to ensure the English makes sense, and flows properly, up to and including rewriting what needs to be rewrote. This includes working with the translator to fully understand what the sentences should mean and so on. The people who usually see only simple mistakes are what you would call the Quality Checker.

Dex-chan lover
@moridin84 i will study hard so i can improve my english.
btw you don't have to coment that loong here if you want to make me know... you can inbox me like the other

verry hard breaking by the way...?

@Askun

As for font, the Komika family is good enough and free (it's under CC if . What device/program you use to translate?

For proofreading, I'm not a native english, but I have free time, I can do it if no one else comes up for that - my english is not bad, I think.

@Askun Hey, you've got a great attitude, man. If you're still looking for fonts, the main font to use for normal bubbles is wild words (although, I might be wrong. It's been a while). Just search for wild words on google or fontsgeek. Also, you've already gotten a ton of advice on getting a proofreader, so there's no reason to continue beating on that drum, but it does make all the difference in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread