Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 51

Sis before hearing her name: Oh no my little brothers a simp!😢

After learning Yamada came over to take care of him: Yes my brothers a king!👑

Group Leader
Ohh man i can relate so much with Ichikawa's narrative
Don't know if i'm supposed to be happy with that

Hahahh, she thought he was simping for a streamer when she first saw Yamada on the phone.

Dex-chan lover
@sameyepatch
When trying to figure out what meme you were referring to, Google eventually led me to a r/iama post... 😱💀. Is that what you were thinking about?? If not, care to enlighten me?

He's saying that thinking he's friends with her currently and that they could drift apart in the future. Like he's still deciding if he wants to befriend her. But man is that a bold thing to say since the meaning behind that is a declaration of intent.

@LeNitrous
Nah. 「とりあえず」 does actually mean "for now/for the moment", but translations aren't something you can always do 1:1 all the time.
Sometimes Japanese people say 「とりあえず」 informally meaning "so things wouldn't get complicated/to speed things along/in summary". Take it to mean more like "For now, I said we're friends so she'd get off my back.".
For a real-world personal example, this happens a lot in class. Prof would start talking about, say, probabilistic independence and shit in a class about blind source separation. Since deriving the formulae isn't the focus of the lecture, he'd go "For now, just accept what's on the slide. If you have question about how to derive these, ask me later.".

Users who are viewing this thread