Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 9 Ch. 123 - I Want to Ask

Dex-chan lover
ichikawa should be even more jealous and intolerant of what he's worrying about, to the point that he makes her end her "career" in order to monopolize her, and nothing would make her happier.

Dex-chan lover
Bless Kobayashi and her bluntness lol

also, reading the comments here for the latest chapters certainly has been a trip 😂

Dex-chan lover
This is why I hate Yamada’s line of work. She could be taken advantage of by a lot of mf out there in the industry.

Dex-chan lover
"find another drawn character to jackit to. You could already be enjoying a new fantasy with your hand down south instead if you'd decided not to implode your frustrations unsubstantively"

Chromaticum, please get out. Your attempt to sneer while thinking that this is considered "intellectual" is hilariously pathetic

Last edited:
god this stupid ntr bullshit is fucking up one of my favorite romcoms. im so sick of japanese cucks. why even make this a plotline for so long? i honestly dont get it? i just cant trust authors anymore and it just doesnt feel good at all to read. fuck this garbage. might pick up again sometime when this bullshit is over and anna did not and wont kiss anyone but kyo.
finally someone share the same point,it fucking disturbing me around these confension chapter when i realize she will indeed acted romance or worse just bcs of her career,profession or not,when that shit kick my nut into sense,damn those confession couldnt heart wrenched like i yearn to feel about it,just cant get that shit out of my mind i ve spent time and obsessed with this pair of couple,just fuck i can type more shit down but this the end of it.

Dex-chan lover
Realtalk a little as well and speaking for MYSELF. The reason why I personally love this series so much is because I can relate with a lot of the stuff the Kyo went through. I also found someone that tossed me a lifeline and I've managed to overcome a lot of what held me back back then... but not all of it. The insecurity that he is working through right now is something I'm dealing with right now as well so I'm projecting the hell out of this. So I am one of these insecure people that you refer to. I know I am. But we, as humans, are irrational creatures and going about this rationally doesn't always help (I'm exagerating but it's like telling a depressed person to just not be). I'm working on not letting my surroundings suffer my triggers and not being a burden but it isn't easy.
Back on track: Some people are shitposting. Some people hide that this is hitting close to home by overshooting and overexagerating. Some people voice their fears to lessen their anxiety regarding them.
I don't think it's going to go into an NTR route either but I can't... fault Kyo for wanting certain aspects of their intimate relationship to stay between them and them alone.
I think Kyo’s reaction is very reasonable and natural. Like I said as they continue dating and she remains serious in her career, this si something that will come up again and be an actual issue. Beyond romantic scenes there’s a lot of general insecurity in dating a literal movie/tv star and model as more or less your average joe. Beyond that they’re both in the early stages of a relationship and aren’t secure in each other’s feelings (so far Yamada has actually been more openly jealous and worried about Kyo not being serious (and the MC has mostly internal monologued his fears). I’m honestly interested in seeing how they’re relationship and characters develop over time. So far the author has done a great job of showing gradual improvement with each becoming more confident un themselves and each other. I think Kyo in particular has taken great care to be more self confident and strive to be someone that can be an equal in their relationship and not back down.

My take (real talk) isn’t about faulting Kyo over being worried, its about the audience being more worried (when the author themselves confirm its not happening for now at least and considering how night and day Yamada is acting the extra bit is almost definitely just Kyo’s thoughts running wild). If they’re shit posting than I’ll wear the dunce cap. If they’re projecting or being self triggered, then I’d say your response is a more healthy one (being self aware and working on it; if you can’t prevent it, you can’t prevent being trigged and having your own anxieties come out (I’m certainly not in a position to preach mental health and emotional control) but you can work on how you act in response which is genuinely great).

Overall I meant my real talk more as raising an eyebrow than anything. There just isn’t much to make a big deal over yet and if the possibility alone being brought up makes some people this… vocal then yeah I’m a little eyebrow raisey. Also, a few comments I read were much more antagonistic than necessary. If they are projecting as well than its a bit concerning. It isn’t NTR for Yamada to do her job and thinking of Kyo’s position it wouldn’t really be a healthy relationship if he let his insecurities directly harm her career (but even then I’d be understanding if the first it comes up they get into a fight or something, but commenters are in the audience and should be able to see this from a more healthy angle). That said at the end of the day its a comment section on a manga.

Dex-chan lover
I think Kyo’s reaction is very reasonable and natural. Like I said as they continue dating and she remains serious in her career, this si something that will come up again and be an actual issue. Beyond romantic scenes there’s a lot of general insecurity in dating a literal movie/tv star and model as more or less your average joe. Beyond that they’re both in the early stages of a relationship and aren’t secure in each other’s feelings (so far Yamada has actually been more openly jealous and worried about Kyo not being serious (and the MC has mostly internal monologued his fears). I’m honestly interested in seeing how they’re relationship and characters develop over time. So far the author has done a great job of showing gradual improvement with each becoming more confident un themselves and each other. I think Kyo in particular has taken great care to be more self confident and strive to be someone that can be an equal in their relationship and not back down.
Absolutely agree, and not backing down also means that they have to figure out boundaries and agree uppon them. The author has proven time and time again that she is very good at showing organic development and while I've felt some things didn't work out as satisfactory as I'd hoped but they are still young and are depicted as such.

My take (real talk) isn’t about faulting Kyo over being worried, its about the audience being more worried (when the author themselves confirm its not happening for now at least and considering how night and day Yamada is acting the extra bit is almost definitely just Kyo’s thoughts running wild).
Thank you! I thought I was crazy for assuming that the very last panel was in his head because I've talked about this on some other platform and the others didn't even get what I meant. Yamadas reaction is just sooooo over the top comparative to her previous one.

If they’re shit posting than I’ll wear the dunce cap. If they’re projecting or being self triggered, then I’d say your response is a more healthy one (being self aware and working on it; if you can’t prevent it, you can’t prevent being trigged and having your own anxieties come out (I’m certainly not in a position to preach mental health and emotional control) but you can work on how you act in response which is genuinely great).
I appreciate the kind words. And sorry for sort of using this as a therapy session proxy. This stuff is, as you can assume, hitting a little close to home for me. That being said, also no health expert here. I feel that some anxieties are sooo deeply engrained in our personality that overcoming them may be near impossible but working on your outward emotional reaction to them is very much possible. Some people like to stir up shit as a cope. They may also want to have their feelings validated? I don't know and I think worrying about it to much also might be a waste of time.

Overall I meant my real talk more as raising an eyebrow than anything. There just isn’t much to make a big deal over yet and if the possibility alone being brought up makes some people this… vocal then yeah I’m a little eyebrow raisey. Also, a few comments I read were much more antagonistic than necessary. If they are projecting as well than its a bit concerning. It isn’t NTR for Yamada to do her job and thinking of Kyo’s position it wouldn’t really be a healthy relationship if he let his insecurities directly harm her career (but even then I’d be understanding if the first it comes up they get into a fight or something, but commenters are in the audience and should be able to see this from a more healthy angle).
I fear that this topic that pigman is mentioning is something that is well known a well established trope and an often used plot device in ntr doujins. And people see the potential for something like this happening and some cope with their anxiety by verbalizing it because at least then they have prepared for it. Bad example but it sort of fits. A friend of mine spoils himself with every show that he watches because he can't handle not knowing what might happen. By putting into words the worst thing that might happen they hope to lessen the blow if it actually happens. They don't get that by worrying about it they just stress their brain for something that might not even come to pass at all. It's a needless worry. And Norio has shown to have what it takes to deal with this with grace and delicacy.

It isn’t NTR for Yamada to do her job and thinking of Kyo’s position it wouldn’t really be a healthy relationship if he let his insecurities directly harm her career (but even then I’d be understanding if the first it comes up they get into a fight or something
And that part exactly is why I said "I can't... fault Kyo for wanting certain aspects of their intimate relationship to stay between them and them alone." Lets not go into to many details. As you said dating a star would be hard for an average Joe. I couldn't. And I don't think Kyo could either. BUT I truly want to see what Norio has cooked up and maybe... maybe it'll help me as well in a way.

That said at the end of the day its a comment section on a manga.
Agreed. Thanks for indulging me. Wishing you all the best! Once again sorry. Truly.

People who say that nothing is going to happen because it's just a wholesome romcom manga and not some NTR are completely missing the point. Remember, Anna is an actress, and even if she's not going to kiss some random actor in her current role, she will do it later in her career because that's how the entertainment industry works. Of course, she can refuse to do that kind of scene, but her career is going nowhere if she does that. If you refuse to do it, then there are a lot of actresses out there who can do it. I'm not going to blame Ichikawa for being insecure, of course, it's just acting,its her job. But seeing your girl get kissed by some random dude is definitely a torture. Dating an actress/actor is definitely not a good idea. Until this topic was mentioned, I had not thought about this at all. I'm not going to lie, it's kind of ruining the wholesomeness for me.

Last edited:
People who say that nothing is going to happen because it's just a wholesome romcom manga and not some NTR are completely missing the point. Remember, Anna is an actress, and even if she's not going to kiss some random actor in her current role, she will do it later in her career because that's how the entertainment industry works. Of course, she can refuse to do that kind of scene, but her career is going nowhere if she does that. If you refuse to do it, then there are a lot of actresses out there who can do it. I'm not going to blame Ichikawa for being insecure, of course, it's just acting,its her job. But seeing your girl get kissed by some random dude is definitely a torture. Dating an actress/actor is definitely not a good idea. Until this topic was mentioned, I had not thought about this at all. I'm not going to lie, it's kind of ruining the wholesomeness for me.
We share the same thought,but my insecure and ptsd like immediately kick in when she mentions that she want to be an actress,Well,to hell with that fucking industry,they say let her cook but all the thing this author cook out this arc...is fucking terrible.The imagine of kissing scene,hugging half nake,the fucking orgy scene in fucking ichi mind around the chapter she take the picture with old actress guy.SHE IS JUST FUCKING 14 year old what the fuck is that about.Like hell she can resolve this shit completely,Choice 1:Ichi will settle with yamada that she can kiss or do the hot scene with other guys and break up go die son.Choice 2:She quit it,forget her dream,breakdown,and leave that to fucking ship ichixmoe,with all that thought lurking around my head...how the hell the lovely couple wholesome turn into such a toxic relationship,both will just end up hurting each other out,And at some point yah guys will ask urself that compare to that what is it better than dating with an jav actress.No wholesome when mentioned about entertainment industry

Dex-chan lover
causing her to leave a toxic career doesn't make it a toxic relationship. the core motivation for the career is male attention, so if she's really satisfied with him, then she shouldn't even be attached to it. the real problem is her mother grooming her for it.

Dex-chan lover
Not so sure about that… maybe you could argue that the motivation is this from an employers’ POV, but it would be sort of OOC for Anna.
why does she (or anybody) like acting/modeling? to "shine," to "be seen," to "make many people happy," any variation of these. but she's a girl and it's a public space, so those are inherently directed to the male gaze. male attention is the reason women do anything in public. yamada is still reserved about men in person, so this motive is inchoate and part of it is just doing what her mother says, but she is obviously not reserved about men in her instagram audience, etc.

at least at other careers or in school the men they seek attention from are peers who can marry them. this career is even worse than those because the men they seek attention from are on the other side of a screen, permanently in a passive relation, by the 1000s. almost impossible for any individual man to compete with the 1000s, to earn and keep her respect. same reason social media is so destructive.

male attention is the reason women do anything in public.
Maybe i’m tunneling hard with this, but when you type it like that you’re bound to be called out as full of shit, even if your ideas about the industry have merit.

Dex-chan lover
i never said it was popular, though it was common sense until 100 years ago. just that it's true.

Dude you killed them lol
Not really offended by that actually.
I'm still new in arguing with strangers on the net
Just figured it's not really worth arguing about it anymore.
I said I'm going stick to reddit because at least for the most part on the subreddit manga there's more proper thread instead here where its just filled with 'it's NTR'.
It's the Internet and I figured 'it is what it is'

Last edited:
Nah, I've read enough hentai manga to know that Niko is 1000% accurate.

Jokes aside, that video call kiss is one of the most simultaneously cringe and diabetes-inducing moments I've ever seen. I really hope the anime gets a S3 as well.
Honestly it was hard to read but toooooooo cute at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread