Boku no Okusan wa Chotto Kowai - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - You're acting too suspicious, Shimizu-kun

Dex-chan lover
She used to have a job, a life, hobbies, now she stays home bored thinking her husband is cheating on her. What the fuck kind of 1950's bullshit is this?
I mean yeah, but this is one of many lifestyles that people live and this is just a story of one of them, I mean I totally agree with you but it's just a wholesome story but the author is just playing with the "is he cheating on me" trope that they always do in romance except they're already married so it is just different.

Dex-chan lover
She used to have a job, a life, hobbies, now she stays home bored thinking her husband is cheating on her. What the fuck kind of 1950's bullshit is this?
Oh, my sweet summer child. What you just describe isn't "1950 bullshit", but the reality of the "Average modern Japanese wife".
(One that many of them wish for btw)

Actually, IRL, there's a good chance they would already be cheating on each other lmao
(This is a Joke)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yea, because heaven forbid that some people have lifestyles like this. Besides, this is just a standard trope of the romance genre and it ended in the same chapter, so I don't get what's the big deal here. "Also 1950s bullshit", that's gotta dumb take if I've ever heard one.

Dex-chan lover
AHA! You've triggered my one pet pieve! It's Hamburg steak! Not hamburger steak! But actually, massive fucking props for actually calling it a steak rather than a hamburger, a mistake that the majority of even officially licensed translators make over and over again WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE BUNS ANDJCISBAUVSO

I jest of course, thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
i get what youre on but, i had friends that were married and both parties were too focused on their career, didnt end well, tell you hwat.

well thats just me having irl exp basing it, things go diff with diff people.

and she always wanted to be a housewife.

Last edited:
VIP
but become simple housewife was always has been her dream. did you not read the series? you read only this chapter and come to complain or what? it's revealed literally last 3 chapter. she always prefer simple life, but her mother pressure her to be a strict career woman because mother own insecurities projection.

Dex-chan lover
but become simple housewife was always has been her dream. did you not read the series? you read only this chapter and come to complain or what? it's revealed literally last 3 chapter. she always prefer simple life, but her mother pressure her to be a strict career woman because mother own insecurities projection.
That wasn't my point and you know it. I was saying this was like a 1950's plot like "Honeymooners".

Also the Author wrote her that way, she isn't a real person with actual thoughts and feelings, gheeze. Let me rephrase that for you then. Why did the Author write her into this 1950's bullshit plot?

VIP
That wasn't my point and you know it. I was saying this was like a 1950's plot like "Honeymooners".

Also the Author wrote her that way, she isn't a real person with actual thoughts and feelings, gheeze. Let me rephrase that for you then. Why did the Author write her into this 1950's bullshit plot?
if you think all people happier having stressful job rather than being bored housewife, you are delusional. just because she become housewife, doesn't mean she didn't have hobbies or life. literally last chapter she express how much she enjoy learning new things. and this is HER CHOICE and HER DREAMS to be happy housewife. it's also totally normal to be suspicious of your SO when they suddenly changed. have you never in relationship before? if you think those are not realistic depiction of human thoughts and feelings, i think you need to reevaluate how your view on people emotion are.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Why did the Author write her into this 1950's bullshit plot?
Because this is genuinely the dream of, like I said a few threads ago, 1 in women 3 according to several polls done in the last decade in Japan, so it makes sense to see such plot point being predominant in manga, anime, LNs, etc etc.
What you call "1950's bullshit" is what many women dream for over there, are they wrong for wanting such lifestyle?

Oh, and let's not talk about how Shirahama-san CHOOSE herself this lifestyle, one she longed for since she was a kid, and, like the other person said, is enjoying every part of the process so far.

Oh, and by the way, just letting out that it is well known that Kurita Aguri, the mangaka of this, is a woman.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Because this is genuinely the dream of, like I said a few threads ago, 1 in women 3 according to several polls done in the last decade in Japan, so it makes sense to see such plot point being predominant in manga, anime, LNs, etc etc.
What you call "1950's bullshit" is what many women dream for over there, are they wrong for wanting such lifestyle?

Oh, and let's not talk about how Shirahama-san CHOOSE herself this lifestyle, one she longed for since she was a kid, and, like the other person said, is enjoying every part of the process so far.

Oh, and by the way, just letting out that it is well known that Kurita Aguri, the mangaka of this, is a woman.

What you call a dream is the averages persons life in a certain timeframe, oh I'd say from Post war 1940 to around 1960 or so, give or take 10 years. what's your point here?

Shirahama isn't a real person dude, calm down with the "choice" stuff, not the place for it.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh the MC is a doofus. Sure you ruined the present, but you can still bring her out on the dinner surprise. Now you ruined the rest of the surprise.

What a fucking tool.

Users who are viewing this thread