Boku no Suki na Hito ga Suki na Hito - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
You're gross, and many disagree with your opinion
Thanks for the compliment. I wear my yuri hatred with pride. Also please don't kid yourself. No one in this day and age thinks Korra was a good show even back then the only people that thought it was good was Tumblr people. Not the best demographic for what a good show is. It has been rightfully shat on to this day.

There's a reason ATLA is still highly regarded while Korra is the ugly stepchild.

Dex-chan lover
I must say, I always was very vocal against Sora x Myaa, since most authors would make it forced and out of nowhere, but I gotta admit, author actually is selling it to me, he literally changed the context of all their interactions and, at least in my opinion, doesn't feel forced, at least not for how this manga is written at least.

Though now I'm a Sora x Asahi x Myaa shipper instead, Sora x Asahi is just way too endgame to ignore, so best ending is everyone end together for sure, no reason for one to lose now with Asahi falling for Myaa.

Korra x Asami, from Avatar cartoon, they had a love triangle with Mako, both even went out with him at separate times, shit happens over the story, comes the end and Korra and Asami become a couple lol
Oh that show, I never saw it, oldest american cartoon I remember seeing is Courage the Cowardly Dog, and after that I discovered anime, and completely zoned out of english stuff.

Dex-chan lover
What's Korrasami?
Garbage sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender. Korrasami is a lesbian pairing between the protag Korra and another character Asami. They hooked up at the end of the series after both girls dated another male character named Mako. To make a long story short. The pairing literally came out of nowhere and was kinda gross with all the backstabbing both girls did to each other when Mako was in the picture. Tumblr people ate it up like candy.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the compliment. I wear my yuri hatred with pride. Also please don't kid yourself. No one in this day and age thinks Korra was a good show even back then the only people that thought it was good was Tumblr people. Not the best demographic for what a good show is. It has been rightfully shat on to this day.

There's a reason ATLA is still highly regarded while Korra is the ugly stepchild.
So you're prideful in being hateful? Now that's downright pathetic and pitiful, honestly, I'm not even mad, it's just sad.

"no one think Korra was good", the irony of you telling others to not kid themselves, stay mad loser, gays will not go anywhere no matter how much your ilk whine about it
Oh that show, I never saw it, oldest american cartoon I remember seeing is Courage the Cowardly Dog, and after that I discovered anime, and completely zoned out of english stuff.
Don't pay attention to his whining, I recommend you watch both the original Avatar cartoon and Korra sequel, you won't regret since they're great cartoons.

Dex-chan lover
So you're prideful in being hateful? Now that's downright pathetic and pitiful, honestly, I'm not even mad, it's just sad.

"no one think Korra was good", the irony of you telling others to not kid themselves, stay mad loser, gays will not go anywhere no matter how much your ilk whine about it

Don't pay attention to his whining, I recommend you watch both the original Avatar cartoon and Korra sequel, you won't regret since they're great cartoons.
Checked now and google says I have to have a netflix or amazon account to see them.

Which I just cut some months ago...

Yo ho ho it is then.

Dex-chan lover
So you're prideful in being hateful? Now that's downright pathetic ans pitiful, honestly, I'm not even mad, it's just sad.

So no actual rebuttal to anything I said got it.

"You're prideful in being hateful"
Yes I have pride to stating my opinions on things and not caring what some dumbass thinks because it's "mean" or "hurtful". Keep your pity dude it's worth nothing lol.

"No one thinks Korra was good"
No one does. Why is it that I could search on YouTube and find high praise about ATLA but Korra the top video is about why it's bad? Because the show is terrible. I'll even drop playlist of a YouTuber I like who does a deep dive critique on the series. The series was doing terrible it was pulled off of broadcast TV and had to be finished on streaming service at the time. Far contrast to ATLA's finale.

Hell the Korrasami ship had to be confirmed on a Tumblr post from the creator because of how out of left field it was. If that doesn't tell you the series was a shit show nothing will.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxAmZc-I-2nc0904rGJc3qQyHoXrJANyk

Also I don't hate the gays. I hate when they're inserted for shipping slop (Like what you're doing here) or is so hamfisted in a series for no other reason than political that it takes away from the story. I have no issue with gay stories in their own genre. I have issues when it's shoehorned in genres outside of their own genre. Because generally speaking they tend to be the most insufferable characters imaginable. Case in point the lesbian of this series.
Checked now and google says I have to have a netflix or amazon account to see them.

Which I just cut some months ago...

Yo ho ho it is then.
Don't watch Korra just watch ATLA.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not nearly enough to change my mind Miya still an annoying bitch
author really backtracking the character after probably too much hate mail at the other heroine (we need some fuwa big sis shenanigans)
You guys are De lu si onal. This aint nhentai you freaks
how was Asahi reaction at the end a flag for yuri, ffs, she knows what happened to Sorapoyo and she pretty much helped him to move a little step to accept his lil bro death (which is great and really understandable why would Sorapoyo fall for her), but we didn’t get the hair thing from her so they should slow down with their delusion.

Dex-chan lover
Garbage sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender. Korrasami is a lesbian pairing between the protag Korra and another character Asami. They hooked up at the end of the series after both girls dated another male character named Mako. To make a long story short. The pairing literally came out of nowhere and was kinda gross with all the backstabbing both girls did to each other when Mako was in the picture. Tumblr people ate it up like candy.
Got PTSD from that show LMAO

Dex-chan lover
almost forgot, super thanks to the translator last chapter wasn't too long ago and you give us 2 chapters in a row, I love you guys
:hearts::hearts::bocchiwave:
this manga and the one with the villain faced B rank adventure has been my new favorites for a while. (like when we get some releases I can't stop from rereading past chapters every time, Pilvi duckling was lovely)

Dex-chan lover
how was Asahi reaction at the end a flag for yuri, ffs, she knows what happened to Sorapoyo and she pretty much helped him to move a little step to accept his lil bro death (which is great and really understandable why would Sorapoyo fall for her), but we didn’t get the hair thing from her so they should slow down with their delusion.
Never underestimate shippers and their propensity to see relationships in minor facial expressions or the smallest most innocuous detail. 2 girls can't be close friends they are totally gay for each other.

Dex-chan lover
wait are you serious, you should totally watch (at least)
  • Teen Titans
  • Clone Wars (gendy tartakovsky version is also short too)
  • Ben 10 (I watched until Alien Force, series pulled naruto -> shippuden style so I would give kudos there)
  • Justice League and JL Unlimited.
  • the Spectacular Spiderman
  • the Batman (04 series)
I hope you watch at least one of these, totally worth it, and ofc the mentioned ATLA.

Group Leader
Ok, to be a bit more serious here, I feel I should explain the translation on page 25. What I've translated as "You are absolved." was originally「お疲れ様でした」(Otsukaresamadeshita). I spent an ungodly amount of time agonizing over this choice. As any good weeb knows, this can mean "good work", said to a colleague at the end of the day. It can also, frustratingly, mean a huge amount of related but not entirely equivalent things (only second in vagueness to the dreaded yoroshiku onegaishimasu).

At first glance, you might say we can just directly translate it as "good work", but to me this is not encapsulating the entire nuance of the line. Let's look at what Miya is actually saying. It's at once an acknowledgement of Sora carrying the guilt of blaming himself for his brother's passing, but also an assurance that he need suffer no longer (the past tense でした is used implying the topic at hand is finished). What it isn't, however, is an expression of appreciation from Miya, or saying anything about Sora's efforts personally benefiting Miya, which is how the phrase is usually used.

So what does "good work" mean? Sora is not doing work or putting in effort per se. You could say "good job bearing that burden" or "good job handling that guilt", but this seems to imply that all of that suffering was for some purpose or fruitful in some way. This is not the right nuance, in my opinion. Sora's self inflicted guilty conscience does not benefit anyone, and translating this line with any sort of positive affirmation is, in my opinion, wrong. Furthermore, none of these options fulfil the second half of the meaning, an acknowledgment that Sora's ordeal is at an end.

So considering all of this, I went with "You are absolved." which doesn't look like it's related to the original text in any way, but it conveys the two meanings in my interpretation: an acknowledgement of Sora's ordeal, and also an assurance that the ordeal is over. The tradeoff being I don't think this is at all realistic for a high school student to say in that situation, which is a factor I do consider when translating dialogue. I've racked my brain to try to provide a concise line that conveys all the nuance of what I believe the original conveys, and there are of course flaws with my final decision. I hope you can see how much thought is put into the translation, and why MTL/AI/translators who don't speak either language fluently are not good for anyone's enjoyment of the medium.

TL;DR I made it up :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
Well, this seals the deal. Our ML is a hopeless M and nobody can do ANYTHING about it, LOL. I kinda figured he was into abusive treatment. Look at when other girls are nice to him ... my guy isn't phased at all. Tell him how much of a piece of shit he is ... rock hard.

Users who are viewing this thread