Boku no Tsuma wa Hattatsu Shougai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Story Of Our Encounter

Is that how people in Japan view ADHD? It kinda seems like more than ADHD is going on here.
Eh, she probably has like super severe adhd or is comorbid with autism.

The ramblings on super obscure things or things that were interesting to them are common between the two disorders, but I feel like the difference between them is the understanding of how many shades of gray can be understood by a person. I mean, I got diagnosed with adhd at 28 but before that, just kept thinking that my distractibility, my inability to stay focused, the constant drinking of energy drinks to keep me wired, and the constant procrastination were normal.

And sure if it happens every now and then, that's not too bad, BUT, that was my life every day for as long as I could remember. I'm getting off-track with my own backstory, but the point is that adhd comes in varying degrees of severity.

What the wife has in this one is probably more on the severe side like me since I'd totally fuck around with konpeito if I didn't have to worry about getting in trouble with it. Is she comorbid with autism though? Who knows?

Dex-chan lover
ah, so it's not just me then. that's somewhat comforting to hear.
There's statistically a correlation between ADHD and Depression/Anxiety. For me, my ADHD makes me not only struggle cognitively but also socially. I almost always fall just below or barely get by with everything in my life despite my best efforts. This sense of failure and incompetence has given me depression along with social anxiety which only worsens my ADHD symptoms.

The only good this so far is I recently learned I had ADHD just recently as an adult. For my entire life I struggled and people blamed me for that and at some point I also internalized that self failure. Now I know it wasn't something I couldn't control and it wasn't my fault. That has given some peace of mind. I am trying to get better like medication/therapy but that's a long road that I'm willing to give a try.

Users who are viewing this thread