Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
It's not just you. Mina will evade any question that might make her look less "amazing", notice how she ignored the "why didn't you push the crosswalk button?" question.

Her little adventure reminds me of the anecdote one of my teachers once told me about machine learning, how researchers wanted to train an AI to recognize two sets of fruit (apples and oranges?) using pictures they had taken, they got it to recognize them to near perfect accuracy with those pictures. Then they noticed it was completely inaccurate when looking at other pictures of fruit. Turns out the pictures of apples were taken in the morning and the pictures of oranges in the evening, so the lighting was different and the AI learned to tell if a picture was taken in the morning or evening. It ignored the fruit.

She's also a budget "cooking mina" who's supposed to stand in one spot and cook food. So she might know Takuma's phone number, have an internal GPS, but she has just experience with one walk to the park and bases all her knowledge of the outside on that. All the crosswalks she's seen had traffic lights therefore any crosswalk which lacks one is either broken or not a crosswalk at all. She didn't need to use her phone or GPS during the trip to the park therefore she doesn't need to use it now.

I also like how she thinks humans are flawed for making a "broken crosswalk" instead of her being in error.

Double-page supporter
Mamoru shouldn't go inside Mina after this... her microwave compartment might just "malfunction" the next time...

Aggregator gang
I like your analysis @SteveJust

Sounds like the author really put some thought into this concept, I was also wondering why she didn't attempt to call him despite being able to call emergency services

God she is cute

Dex-chan lover
wonderful chapter. mamoru's blind love for mina, mina's smugness, mamoru using his more advanced logic to make up for the gap in mina's knowledge, and finally mina acknowledging mamoru. just awesome, so subtle and funny

Dex-chan lover
me-wondering-why-my-ai-is-classifying-my-cat-as-72552652.png

Oh wow... This ch alone, elevated the series to a new level for me. And I already loved this.
Thanks you Stalker!

I can't believe my amazing wife is just as directionally challenged as me.

Dex-chan lover
I cant help but notice Mina catastrophizes a lot. She's worse than some depressed people.

Users who are viewing this thread