Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai - Vol. 7 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
Nah, I don't buy it.
They're neither robots-appliances that only aim to please, nor are they high-functioning androids that are culturally treated as objects by humans. It's just a bunch of insecure people waxing poetic about their purpose at this point.
The overall tone of this manga is fucked.
Nah, each character has its own philosophy on what being a robot means, they've been consistent so far.

Meida who? What chapter did she appear at?
chap 30

Dex-chan lover
I understand Smiley Mina is still in mourning over her previous owner and is trying to find a new purpose, or is waiting for a new one to appear before her. I get that, which is why it's disheartening to see her trying to convince Stoic Mina to step aside so she can take her place like both of them agreed to do without Takuma's knowing and approval. Both of them are struggling to find what their life's purpose is, something we as humans can relate to, even though they may not show it on the surface.

I really hope Takuma comes to find out about Stoic Mina's secret arrangement in the near future and tries to resolve this complicated dilemma.

Dex-chan lover
Satsuki (the other Mina) had lost her purpose and became a stray after the death of her human partner. The only thing that has kept her alive was the request she was given to look for an item that is hard to find, until Mina sort of gave her a new purpose as her stand-in. Robots consider the thought of having no duties to be terrifying, so maybe Satsuki is suggesting that Mina could just hang out with the other robots in order to avoid being scrapped if she ever found herself alone. Mina is always quick to show self-confidence issues at the slightest inconvenience, so the invitation got her mind off it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Woah, that was a neat chapter, but....
....Are we not going to talk about how the moon has a face on some panels?! Is the moon a robot, too?!

Dex-chan lover
....Are we not going to talk about how the moon has a face on some panels?! Is the moon a robot, too?!
Jiro Sugiura seems to draw a face on the sun or moon once each chapter, possibly as an Easter Egg.

I remember that the sun had a smile on it in the final panel of chapter 33, when Michika Ono (glasses girl) told Erisu that she likes robots, unlike Erisu.

EDIT: Maybe not every chapter, there wasn't a smiling sun or moon in the previous chapter, but I know I've seen them in this manga several times.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Remember we have canonical aliens in the work. The sun and the moon could be their own entities, or just have faces without much more to it than that, it isn't all that far fetched.

Dex-chan lover
another chapter with another philosophy question with no absolute answer
My head hurt and I'm loving it

Dex-chan lover
Has anyone not considered the possibility that Smiling Mina is actually just trying to teach Mina what love is through experiencing things like jealousy and possessiveness, and that what you're all interpreting as creepy behavior is just her way of pushing and teasing her into the right mindset?

Perhaps Smiling Mina has regrets about not appreciating her owner enough, and her previous owner is irreplaceable to her. The offer to take Mina's place could be just one part of her strategy to make sure another Mina doesn't end up with the same regrets.

It feels like something this manga would do, so you could all be demonizing a pure cinnamon bun angel right now...

Did we miss a chapter or something? Why are the Minas suddenly being so antagonistic towards each other? When did Mina become comfortable just leaving the house whenever she felt like it? Why was such a dumb misunderstanding enough to push her to the point of being tired of cooking?How was someone as neurotic as the mc able to fall asleep given what had just happened? Is the author losing his mind or what?

Users who are viewing this thread