Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Aggregator gang
Try as you might, Fumino is an Imperium battleship and the Emperor has consigned the death warrant for the other ships. EXTERMINATUS!!!!

Contributor
This one suffer the same problem as most of others rom-com harem manga :
You can really feel the fillers, only here to milk the manga until the end.

It's a little sad.

Dex-chan lover
@AthK

Well, personally I find official translation more natural, but both of them are close enough so that's matter of preference. But what's really imortant that's image quality of official translation is better even if it's lower resolution.

gdSdDC0.jpg

@BzzBzz
for me i vote for Jaimini translation, well maybe because i'm asian and not a native english speaker, i think the Jaimini has preserved the asian culture in it while the official one's.. i can feel it's an american english or something, i feel like watching a dubbed anime, which i don't like btw.

Dex-chan lover
@ak0ztik

Well let's see... Chigai-masu is polite form of declining something (answer, statement, etc.) in my opinion "NO!" (or maybe "WRONG!") is better option than "AS IF!"

Next one "jeez" for "mou"... well I can't decline it's correct (in some way) translation but in this case it does not convey the mood of situation. There's some other things that ticks me of but these 2 are the first things that catches my eye.

Just my 2c.

Edit: both examples taken from image 4 posts below.

@BzzBzz
wierd but to me 'as if' sounds better. Anyway, i'm not just talking about the image you've post below, i've compared ch107 to jaimini, and it's really what i feel, a dubbed anime. Oh and even ch108 now, i feel like i should read it with slang.

Kam

Fed-Kun's army
*adds fuel to the fire*
Title:
We Can't Study > We Never Learn

I feel the same about Kaguya-sama :V

Aggregator gang
I like JB's translations better. Comparing it with some of the translations of older books of official novels and whatnot, I noticed JB tends to stick as close to the style of the original and not "censor" anything (not just replace bad words, but also make harsher language more light, and keep to some JP sound effects instead of putting in the closest english variant)

Dex-chan lover
@BzzBzz i disagree about 違います being a polite form, in fact its often considered "strong" for a reply in actual japanese, where you often imply that things "may" be wrong instead (generally japanese people tend towards lack of conflict in polite conversation) i mean its polite in terms of using the "masu" form but thats only when compared to 違う and not to actual spoken japanese in context. Perhaps a better translation would be something like "No way!!!" as I do agree "as if" is not a good translation, not because 違いますis "polite" but because it doesnt sound as natural an answer in english, flow-wise. It makes her sound like a teenager from like 20 years ago xD

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx

Well, probably I didn't explain good enough what I meant but of course I didn't mean "polite" like watashi vs ore.

I meant exactly that "as if" isn't good for this case since Furuhashi speaks to senpai and even if they are friends you have to use something not so "rude".

Users who are viewing this thread