Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Dex-chan lover
To add my two cents, I wonder how the publisher and mangaka feel about their work being illegally translated and illegally uploaded to the internet...
If they want to be pissy about it then perhaps the owners of the domains they use should be notified about their abuses? (One translation group discovered the effects of this when a "team member" left on bad terms and reported them to the host they used to upload to. It was deleted without question and they refused to recover it for the group. A number of their chapters had pages describing this...)
I am all for respect for fan translators, but they need to recognize that they are doing this with neither the blessings of the publisher/mangaka nor the law. ANY respect they get is graciously gifted to them on a per website and per individual basis...

This is the same stance I had at Batoto...

Contributor
I do understand that it's their translation and all and they wouldn't want people to upload it to here. Fair enough. But that's not going to serve much purpose. Aggregator sites already have it, and I for one, will most likely be reading it on those sites. No disrespect to the scanlators, but I just do what's convenient. I am not going to scour through 300 scanlation sites for each manga I follow.

Miku best girl
Admin
Let it be clear that the chapters have been removed because JB insisted on this, not because MangaDex wanted to do it.
We will always welcome any and every group on here, no discrimination.
However, we will always respect scan groups decision, even if we may not agree with it, because this is what sets us apart from MangaF*x and co.

Dex-chan lover
To be clear, I am not criticizing MangaDex's stance on this. It is a blessing when a website provides respect for individuals and groups.
My criticism lies with how those who believe they own something they make absolutely no attempt to gain legitimate rights for start getting snippy with others who effectively do the same.
I failed to provide a good, sound argument on Batoto, but my concern is legitimate. What sets Crunchyroll apart from other fan tanslators is that they became legitimate by requesting (and paying for) the rights to translate and distribute the works they translate... And it isn't like it is that difficult for fan translators to request this (ignoring paying for, for obvious reasons) as many HAVE worked deals with the companies legally selling the works (see Bleach and its fan translators, etc). Others never even make the effort.

Regardless, I doubt anyone is blaming MangaDex for this. We understand that it is you trying to respect those who (may, or may not) deserve your respect.

If they're gonna do this, there should at least be a link to where their hosting it themselves.

Dex-chan lover
can they just add blank pages chapter and comment the link to the new chapter on the comment section? or is that considered as a spam?

Dex-chan lover
MysteryGirl posted a link to the website of the translation group about four days prior to this post. But I highly recommend NOT reading it on their website. Any transaction group that doesn't allow the uploading of their work on a legitimate external website isn't worth supporting - and is likely getting something besides simple numbers for the views.

I will only retract/amend/take back the above statement for groups who have made an agreement with an official (legal, paid and selling) group (such as what happened in the final 50-100 chapters of Bleach) because they've gotten approved permission by those who own the content. Period. Everyone else is suspicious to me for having this isolationist stance.

(If you want to read it on their website find MysteryGirl's comment) p.s. this is an officially licensed manga, currently owned by Vis (as ler the manga update's page, but no mention of that has been made thus far as to their reasoning.)

>someone posted the Viz rips to r/manga
>start putting notice to not post it to r/manga on every Imgur album title
>now someone uploaded the Viz rips here

When will we ever learn?

When translators expect me to go to their website to read the pirated manga they translate, the end result is me not reading the manga. Get over yourselves.

Kam

I've come to the conclusion that I definitely like Senpai chapters the most.

Users who are viewing this thread