Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Fed-Kun's army
The Name of the Star is Reiji. Hes just a sad old man who cant move on from his deceased wife.

Aggregator gang
@tanukihat: Re-read what I wrote. Not the MANGA, but the WORK WENT INTO TRANSLATING, CLEANING, TYPE-SETTING, etc.

Put it like this: You have a school report thesis and you spent a couple months on it. (Like a manga, a thesis is not your official work but a rewrite (of sorts) of official work already done). You did the research, you did the bibliography, you wrote every word, you even wrote it in a professional style. Then you put it down somewhere and go off somewhere. Someone snatches it, makes a copy and puts their name instead of yours. You both turn it in and the other guy gets all the credit and you don't even get noticed.

If you wouldn't want to take security measures for doing all the work after that experience, then you didn't learn a single thing.

Also, as I said before, they never once claimed they owned the manga nor pretended otherwise. The fact you are using this as your argument shows you didn't read a thing I wrote earlier. Hopefully my example above will sink something in.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze

I don't really care how much work they did, it's still not their property to say "You can't put this on your website for two weeks". You can wait for new chapters if you want, but I'll get the fresh ones on time.

Aggregator gang
@tanukihat: Uh....yes, actually. Yes it is. It's their hard work, therefore it's their rules.

Now I know you're just trolling (or being ignorant on purpose). You can be immoral and support thieves if you want. The rest of us will either support their hard work by either waiting or viewing it on their site. Don't like it? Can't wait that long? That's YOUR hangup. But don't try to justify your impatience by accusing them of taking the manga for themselves when literally everything they post states otherwise.

@TwilightFaze
you don't own anything, actually. not the original script in japanese, not the images drawn by the mangaka, and not the transformed images based on those two. it's a fan translation, and while it might be thievery if it was licensed and produced by, say, Viz media and it was reposted, you have no rights to this IP and works based upon it. Thank Disney for raping copyright law for that. Until then, its a legal goddamn gray area and don't go around claiming it isn't. You don't own the transformed images, which is the medium in question. If you modify Avengers Infinity War, and put dicks on the faces of all the villians, and put some subs in goddamn Klingon, you STILL don't own shit and Disney WILL sue/DMCA the fuck out of your ass for posting that shit on YouTube. Ain't so different here, except the copyright comes from overseas, and we're dealing in graphic novels/books instead. Please, take this shit to international courts and figure out if scanlating falls under fucking parody law, and ruin it for everyone because of your incessant whining and entitlement to a hobby that originated from passion.

Furthermore, there is no reasonable and concise loss of profits either (Adblock.) The only reason why someone might object to a repost of material is lack of credit, and THAT'S bullshit since most scanlaters plaster their goddamn name in the whitespace and/or in the most annoying of places. It seems your hang-up is assuming the manga was theirs in the first place.

If you don't want your work shared, don't post it on the fucking internet with all of it's minimal protections beyond whining in a legal gray area. I'm okay with a few fucking less scanlaters and translations if it means the attention whores who are desperate for that discord dick suckin' are weeded the fuck out.

Aggregator gang
@kingzombiethe1st: WOW rude! And you twisted what I said like ISIS twists the Quran. I'll elaborate.

No, they do not own the manga. However, if you took the time to read their ad pages, websites, and anywhere else, they also agree they do not own it. They even recommend to readers to buy the official translations to support the author properly. Why this is up for debate, I have no idea. So any argument about them owning the MANGA is null and void since everyone is in agreement: They don't own the manga. Legal gray area also has nothing to do with what i was talking about in this regard. If the author told them to stop, they'd stop no question and never bring it back up again (it's happened before). I agree some mangaka are not cool with it, but some also don't deal with it at all since it's free advertising and are aware some countries don't even get some manga.

What I'm specifically talking about is said fan-scanlations. They busted their humps to accurately translate it which (for some groups, like JB) is not as censored, or completely uncensored, compared to the official translations. They take the time to clean it up to look professionally done, they mess with the text to be legible and appropriate, they even redraw some areas as best they can to help the translation transitions between Japanese and the translated language. THAT'S what I was getting at: Taking all that hard work and claiming it as your own is a dick move. The issue is other groups and webpages stealing it, washing away their labels and slapping on their own (*COUGH*MangaHere and MangaFox*HACK* 'scuse me something in my throat).

Hopefully that clears that up. Not sure how I can make it any more clear. To be extra clear, I don't work for JB, but I've worked with a scanlation group before so I get what happens and the general mindset.

Aggregator gang
@Alciel: I'd rather go to JB's site. MangaHere and MangaFox are thieves that take their works and watermark it as their own, completely disregarding scanlator requests.

@TwilightFaze @Strongstache Gonna be honest. I see no difference between the scanalator and Mangahere. The people translate it and get funding via paypal or somesuch crowdfunding. Or ads. Why should I care if Mangehere/Fox or any other site tries to take credit for it? What's the point of delaying it for 8 days or so to begin with?

Aggregator gang
@Alciel: They're not for-profit, though, maybe that's where the misunderstanding happens. It's to help pay for buying the magazines and manga needed to do their work as well as keep their site running to keep distributing their chapters. (https://www.patreon.com/jaiminisbox).
As the page states, these are generally young college-age kids spending out of pocket to provide this kind of quality. Anyone who remembers those days knows money is hard to get. They put in all that work and just want appreciation for all that work they put into it. That being said, you are not at all required to donate (the also get ad revenue, it's just not enough), they just appreciate it since it helps them out. The chapters are available on JB early, not just to advertise their site, but it helps them indirectly. They just ask other distribution sites for a cool-down period, in a manner of speaking.

On the flip side, these other sites use an algorithm to steal from sites, not just JB, watermark it, and literally pass it off as their own. By supporting sites like those, sure you'd get the pages sooner (frankly you can get the pages just as soon from their site), but you are supporting the sites that steal it and effectively giving them money since the sites also earn ad revenue, though more-so than JB. Meaning, you are funding their stealing.

So to directly answer your question: The difference is you can support the guys who actually do all the hard work or support the thieves, never mind the fact you can get the desired chapter for the desired manga at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread