Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Fed-Kun's army
For a shounen manga it was a great ending but just bout 10 chapters for each heroine is not enough, also most of the chapters of the "common route" where meaningless he just started to show signs of any romantic feeling at the very end. That's the only 2 thing imo that could be better more romance though the story and the ending to be more like actual "routes" than just endings but other than that it's one of the best endings I have seen for shounen mangas.

Ps: if the author had the guts he could have done a really good story about just one heroine, the swimmer cus obviously was his intended heroine or the teacher cus she got overwhelming more vote.

To anyone who was confused about this ending at first like I was and thinks it invalidates the previous 5 routes, there's an important distinction the author put in the final chapter.

From what we know in the actual chapters before the routes began, Nariyuki only took the hand of one girl. But the final chapter has him touching all of them instead.

This means the final chapter is actually an alternate universe, and only the stories of routes 1-5 are truly valid with what we know of in the canon of the story. Basically, route 6/5 is an alternate universe, meant to only hammer home the idea that the future is limitless, and that any route is possible. So at the end, when the girls saw glimpses of their routes, it doesn't mean that those were just dreams, but glimpses of something that occurred in another timeline. Route 6/5 is an open future, as him touching all the girls and the fact that the legend was just a story anyways, means that anything is possible for their futures as long as they believe in it.

The myth being made up hammers home the point about the author's message against fate; the girls aren't meant to study what they're good at, but rather what they actually want to do. And the people who believe in whatever future they choose are the ones who can achieve it in the end. This also fits with the idea that any one of routes 1-5 is canon, depending on what the reader believes in.

But this doesn't inactivate the progress in routes 1-5 or make them just imaginary, because those are the only routes that fit with what we know in the story. Route 6/5 is just an alternate timeline meant to strengthen the author's point.

I was slightly bothered at first reading of the ending, but after taking some time to think about it, this is what the author meant. This ending is much better and fits exactly what the message the author wanted to convey. All in all, this ranks as one of my favourite rom-coms, and I'm excited to see what the author does next!

I honestly don't get people who whine that author is a coward for not choosing the only main heroine. You know what, tell that to Negi, who just threw our way pre-planned ending while forgetting to write the substance of said ending. With what he did, Tsutsui can be anyone but a coward. Just look at the shitstorm his decision brought.

I prefer to think Tsutsui loved all of his girls so much that he gave every one of them a happy ending. Yeah, maybe he liked Kirisu's ass some of the girls more than others, maybe he loved them equally just like a certain infamous mangaka. However, the strive to give all of them not only the main prize of Yuigabowl but a truly happy life is something worth admiration. So what if it makes the manga similar to eroge games? Too many times after reading I regretted about those who were left without any ounce of happiness. Tsutsui had enough bravery to say that yes, nothing is certain because future holds infinite possibilities; in that sense it's the most realistic ending. But on the other hand, he's done everything to give each their own share of happineness.

Tl;dr Furuhashi best girl

@fireP3
The "default" ending is that he ends up with Uruka, but there are 5 (6*) alternative endings, one for each girl.

Dex-chan lover
The real ending isn’t the
5 routes
but the fact that it ends in
highschool with mc saying their future is undetermined.... meaning he could end up with anyone:
a harem, the sister, maybe he gets isekai’d and falls for Catarina

Users who are viewing this thread