Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

Fed-Kun's army
Get the the feeling the villain of this arch still believed he was invulnerable even with his confession...he kinda seem like the type"if I can't rule the world then I'll still be happy watching it burn" type.
"If I can't have it then no one will" and so on...

Thanks for the translation. Some minor typesetting to be better centered but nothing worth the work for a reupload. Don't worry about the sfx and QC that's a huge bonus to be done and most the time a pain to do. Be careful with the names to be constant in your version if you continue because of the big amount of translators there are all kinds of spellings. I

Supporter
Well that was a long summer, i think this arc took a whole year??

ndak lama lagi chapter romantisnya Kururi ama Eliza
(Moment Romantic/date Eliza and Kururi)
.. yahut mantap..
di chapter 25/34/35/36

Double-page supporter
this story went from mediocre to bad real quick

Contributor
I'd like to hope the next arc is better
Though she appeared for a bit, this arc was sorely lacking in best girl Eliza screentime

Wasn't mc-kun supposed to be pretty strong? How was he being overwhelmed by the fatass for a while?

any1 knows which chapter r we in right now in the novel?

hold up, we never really saw the mom at all, she just got pinned on the last page as an afterthought like someone being photoshopped into a group picture. this is so sad

Double-page supporter
I had completely forgotten about this series then I read this chapter and I remember how shit it was.

"Why did you burn down the village"
"I didn't"
"But why did you do it?"
"You don't have any proof"
"I don't like that you burned down the village"
"How could I stand all of those people being happy. Of course I did it".

Like really? Your motivvation for being evil is that other people are happy?
Also:
1. A bit of rain isn't going to put out a fire large enough to burn a mansion.
2. If rain was really going to be that effective, then why the hell did you use it when the village was burning? You only thought of using it when your house was on fire, but never when every single one of your residents was in danger?
3. You seem to be quite disinterested in the punishment of a man who attempted to kill everyone related to you and slaughter everyone living under your rule. "Eh, I trust the king will get it right" is not a response.

I know I should just drop this, but I remember people being adamant that it got better as it went along so I'll stick it out. It only gets one chapter every 3~4 months anyway. I can waste that much time at the very least.

"Did the lord possess such a good sword before"
I'm sorry what

That sword looks like a cursed image you'd find of someone actively trying to make something awful to annoy people. Kind of like cursed gun images but for swords.

The shape is awful.
It's a paddle. It's as wide as his face.
It has a weird thin section that obviously snapped.
It tapers to the thin section then tapers out as if it was built to break.
Taper is absolutely flat for like half the sword.
The guard is banana.

By god.

@degenerateafro
Yeah it's really odd that he got so worked up about the mansion burning down, but the village where a ton of people could be burning alive to death is something that didn't phase him.

The villain is also stupid.

Honestly none of it bothered me as much as the absolute cursed image of that sword which is so bad that I'm wondering if its a mistranslation, sarcasm that didn't get caught or done on purpose.

Dex-chan lover
@beepboop1 To be fair, he didn't exactly say why he thought it was good. Perhaps it appeared to be made of good materials, and then that bit where he said he wasn't distracted anymore he noticed the exact problems with it that you pointed out and took advantage of some of them, maybe. Also have to wonder with these novel adaptations whenever something is off visually speaking. Did the original author fail to convey a decent mental image of what they wanted, and the artist followed their directions poorly as a result? Did the artist screw up all on their own? Was the rewrite to fit it all into a comic format mess it up with some omitted details? I dunno, can't be bothered to go compare with the source material at the moment to find out.

@Glomoro The thing is though: The sword is awful in every way, shape and form.

I wanted to say it's like a gun with its barrel pointing back at you and the bolt being so bad that when you fire it, it bolt shoots out of the gun into your face. And the barrel explodes because bullets dont curve in it as they travel. Even if its made of the highest quality materials no one would look at it and go "Such a good gun". Maybe an abomination for wasting such good materials.

Then I saw that the sword has a large spike on the pommel and... yeah that's basically the same thing. It's more cursed the longer you look at it. With absolutely 0% good things about it. Not even the handle is good. Which makes me suspect its bad on purpose. As you can't get every bit of the sword wrong by accident. Google cursed gun images and its basically that in sword form.

The odd thing is, even if its made of "good" materials you won't really... call it a good sword? Even then you'd notice the awful design way before you notice the material or build quality. It's like seeing an absolute trash fire made of really good materials.

The MC, according to the story thus far, does however seem dumb enough to think its a good sword at first glance. The villains aren't very smart either as pointed out by other folk. So it might just be a writing issue.

So its hard to say if...
Its on purpose.
Its by accident.
Artist drew it poorly.
Author described it poorly.
Mistranslation.
Writing issue

Probably a combination of some really. I'm guessing author described it poorly, artist drew it poorly but the awfulness is on purpose. With the MC being dumb enough to think its good at first glance.

Urgh, such shallow writing wtf. This went from quite okay to horribly unimaginative.

Dex-chan lover
Even my 1yrold drawing of a sword looks better than all that shithead's design and personality. Even his sword looks like a dog's toy. Truely fits his role.

suicidal stupid toad lord
as if he would have had a future if he had been sucessfull...

Dex-chan lover
Bitch the mansion ain't even slightly burnt, then that means the plan of setting the mansion on fire failed which means that pouring down rain with his magic is totally useless, it'll be better if they effortlessly trying their best to go to the mansion as fast as they could to create tension

Users who are viewing this thread