Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu - Vol. 8 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
If this was generic harem isekai shit #69420, I would've expected the female knight to fall in love with Kururi instead of the noble :dogkek:
I was expecting that the MC would carve Eliza or something related to her in the sword as to make her his signature and then blew the confession of the noble... still waiting for a punchline for the sword.

Dex-chan lover
This is the most straightforward chapter in a long while. Okay writing and linear plot easy to follow. Plus it had a nice outcome that's great to see for the MC we follow. There's even clear setup for the next arc. Barely any batshit jokes or crazy dialogue that felt like it was written by a 11 year old who just discovered comedy. Hold me, I'm scared.

Also for God's sake the entire next arc better just be the MC and Eliza and a long capital date because she's been less present than my dad after he went for a pack of cigarettes to go with the milk.

Dex-chan lover
The female knight is an absolute chad. :chad: Screw being embarassed because she messed up and got into the men's bath.
This! Like the entire time I just thought "that's not having no shame and being confident in one's body, she either made a mistake or is a straight pervert." I mean I guess she could also have those things but either way the dialogue clearly implied she just straight up went to the wrong bath. It's not like it was the mixed open air or anything.

Every two chapters he's going halfway across the country or more. How does this kid study?
Does... does anyone in that school study? I've like barely seen them in class? There was a point of iris studying outside of class in the library but again... what do they learn to begin with? 😂 Plus even then that whole time the prince and MC were just stalking her so they clearly didn't have any class or studying time that day.

Dex-chan lover
He's easy.

Nice royal castle image. Looks like a castle-styled mansion, or a modern castle not meant for defence.

I like that female knight's design.

Now imagine a guy walking into the girls baths and not giving a damn. But personally I prefer this kind of no-nonsense, since it's obviously not malicious.

If you're forging, you want something better than regular firewood, since that doesn't burn hot enough for steel. Using more of it doesn't help much.

Sword looks a bit weird. The blade is rather thin but relatively square-shaped, like a rapier. It would be very stiff and excellent at thrusting, but less good at cutting. Except that the point is rather abrupt, and it's short.

The handle is too long, and the guard is massive. I do like that the handle is oval rather than circular, with what looks like a hexagonal cross section.

A well-balanced sword does feel light. Or more specifically, a sword balanced towards the handle, since it requires less force to swing and manipulate the point.

It takes a special person to call yourself cute unprompted.

Contributor
Interesting little side quest. Forge a fine sword to help some lovestruck castle clerk win over the heart of a tomboy knight. This tough as nails female knight had a distinct character design that's just waiting to be named. It's too good for a nameless background character. Hope this isn't the last she appears.

For a moment I forgot that the second prince called Kururi "Aniki"... I was suddenly confused at the "my dear brother" letter, I thought he had a brother I didn't note down.

So his sword was well-received, but I'm curious if Jeremy's brother's sword gift actually managed to win over the tomboy female knight. Well, actually getting that ship sailing wasn't part of the job, but still... since he's going to the capital there's a slim chance I'll get to know.

Most importantly, when's Eliza showing up again? She's chronically lacking in screentime despite being the female lead, as the male lead's one and only love interest... it's a travesty we only get to see her sometimes. Best girl deserves better.

Now imagine a guy walking into the girls baths and not giving a damn. But personally I prefer this kind of no-nonsense, since it's obviously not malicious.
Chapter 17 of Plunderer has a scene just like that. Seeing the female knight bathe in front of a guy with zero fuss made me remember that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread