Botsuraku Yotei no Kizoku dakedo, Hima datta kara Mahou wo Kiwamete Mita

Dex-chan lover
Here is a link for the webnovel : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-noble-family-is-headed-for-ruin-so-i-may-as-well-study-magic-in-my-free-time/

:((( Reup chapters :((( | This is a very serious problem :(, if the scanlator group does not go up the chapters I will die, and my family will sue you for murder !!! Please help me :( I WANT TO LIVE !

Group Leader
@incpadns I accidentally uploaded a chapter that is way above the current translation because it was sent to me as "chapter 0" when it really was chapter 7.1, so officially I've only translated chapter 1 and 7.1 I will be working on chapter 2 soon, these just take a lot of time especially when I'm alone. but don't worry I'm working as fast as a single man team can right now. So thanks for enjoying! :)

The novel is very boring, it reads like an account/report of what the character did each month. It also comes up with the generic Japanese obsessions like instant noodles, what did I expect...

There isn't even a real growth in the beginning, top tier cheat that just needs some polishing because mana capacity is low... Also, Deus Ex Machina is introduced very early
in form of a ring that holds the knowledge of 100 grimoires, so the author can make an arsepull whenever he has written himself into a corner.
Being this obvious in the beginning is a big no-no if anyone wants to build up any interest and/or any suspense for the story.

This is probably one of the few stories that show to have 0 investment made to make the story enjoyable, the chapters are very short and the interactions between the people feel like NPC scripts from early Japanese RPGs that had a character limit.
Even the nobles talk like little children,there is no eloquence and nothing that hints at their status aside the fact that their servants treat them as such.
Maybe this is due to the fact that
nobles lose their nobility status after 3 generations without further achievements that justify their nobility and our main character is the 4th generation, meaning that he's doomed into becoming a commoner as soon as he inherits; the daughter born to the concubine is the last straw of the father who wants to make her the consort of the prince, but as he discovers the MCs magic talent, he also grasps at this straw to make him someone renown for his magic capabilities

By the way, the link to the novel on novelupdates is dead, here is the real link for those who want to read the story :
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-noble-family-is-headed-for-ruin-so-i-may-as-well-study-magic-in-my-free-time/

Group Leader
This isn't bad, but it felt a bit odd, so I checked...

The author of this has like 10 different Isekai novels out now. More than half have been turned into Manga. What's he gonna do, keep trying until he gets an anime? lol

At least they're pretty good. The Goblin and SSS afterlife ones I really enjoy, and the 7777 one feels significantly different, so the guy definitely has a wide range of writing ability.

That fourth son must be a reincarnated Japanese, because he likes to live a carefree life.

I just went here to ask why. Why are authors giving their works such a shitty title like this?

Group Leader
@Lolzers from what iv heard around is in japan you have about 5 seconds to draw interest to a reader if that so it's best to get the whole plot in a title than it is to give it a unique name and backstory on the back.
So it's easier to lay it out all in the title

This description is basically "I'm the 8th Son"

I bet this guy defeats a dragon and marries a princess at some point lol

@einjineer I see what you did there :3

For those who are wondering what prime numbers are, Prime numbers are numbers that has no other factors except for 1 and the number itself. For example, you can only get 13 if you multiply 13 and 1. But you can 14 by multiplying 14 & 1, and 7 & 2, therefore, 14 is not a prime number. :)

Incredibly boring. An isekai that doesn't need "isekai" since it adds no element to the story. But that's not really that big a deal since it's just a way to crap out of having to show a childhood that led to a smart kid. What matters is that the chapters so far are exemplary examples of mediocrity. A collection of cliches that make it obvious it's a collection of cliches. Nothing new. No exploration into any elements that are beyond the overused tropes. A waste of time to read.

Users who are viewing this thread