Boukensha License o Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei o Ouka Suru - Vol. 4 Ch. 14.2

Dex-chan lover
Ravi is adorable, as always.

Douglas is such a lucky bastard to get to raise such an adorable loli.

Aggregator gang
I love how butthurt you guys get when a Japanese author writes a story and incorporates Japanese cooking. Personally, I'm pretty neutral about Japanese food since I respect it, but I can't eat most of it (I'm ketogenic).

But I'm way happier to see people positively portraying Japanese food rather than European or American food. The Japanese diet is super healthy. Meanwhile bread, pasta, cakes, potatoes are no problem for you Yankees because you don't even know what real food is supposed to taste like.

Dex-chan lover
>Fantasy world is using medieval cultures or middle east cultures
Cool
>Fantasy world is using japanese cultures or any asian cultures
What a bad and lazy writing!

Dex-chan lover
I swear out of all of the isekai manga, I never saw one that is NOT mentioning isekai japan other than Goblin Slayer

Fed-Kun's army
soy sauce is great and so is sushi (sashimi i've never tried because i'm a wimp but i'm sure it's nice), even if i have a THING with fish, specially raw. japanese food is delicious!! also man that guy looks more like a kid now sdlkjakj still an asshole but an asshole child i guess

thanks for the update~

Dex-chan lover
It's not like a run-of-the-mill isekai requires research. Authors write from experience, meaning Japanese authors write about Japanese food.

TIL the sushi I eat was frozen first to save me from a tummyache. I've always loved sushi but now this will be on my mind the next time I eat it - "was this properly frozen and safe to eat?"

Ugh soy sauce is absolutely disgusting. First time I tried it I vomited in my mouth a little. No idea how people eat the stuff. Must be like surstromming or vegemite I guess.

Fed-Kun's army
Sashimi, eh? FOOLS.
There's only one way to eat raw fish....and is GLORIOUS CEVICHE......ctm

Contributor
I actually don't mind this case, for one, he isn't raving about it, farther commenting on the novelty of a dish, and the fact that it would absolutely make sense for these folks to eat the fish raw.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind food or other things depiction from other cultures in mangas.

I just have a problem with sticking it without any context, sense to a plot and breaking the world cohesivness.

It also so predictable and cliche every time "uuuuuuhhhhh Baths? Rice? Sushi? What a strange idea! I would never like it, it so weird! *tries* I love it its the best thing ever*acts like the most mind blowing thing happened *". It's just plainly boring and dumb. Japan you have good food and ideas, but it is not so mind breaking as you think.

Contributor
Yeah, i kinda like the thief here, he is a nice addition for now.

Users who are viewing this thread