Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Aggregator gang
@Harry_Dong no problem.

@Ryrie
I don't know about the other members of the party, but I remember that the sage came after Douglas to try to curse him again so that Alan would become uncursed. He even started a big ruckus in some town.

@LysandersTreason unfortunately not yet. I read what was posted of the story directly from the Syosetu website. It was a pain, but I wanted to know who cursed Douglas and what would happen, so I kept reading until a certain point.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini yeah you have a point. it's not really a spoiler because it was actually glaringly obvious...unless something happened within 3 months that managed to make Alan turn from a young-ish swordsman to something that looks like a Tomura mage (highly unlikely)

Dex-chan lover
His reasoning doesn't quite add up. Curses use jewelry, Alan's ring was near him when his curse was dispelled. So it was secretly stashed away on his person for months without Douglas noticing? Why would Alan use something so personal and incriminating, a memento of his dead parents? Based on that oath you would assume he's blaming Douglas and it's some kind of karmic justice to kill him using it.

Items used for cursing probably turn immaterial while being actively used by the curse. Then maybe when the curse is cut, the item used regains it's physical form.

Contributor
That would normally be the moment where a human should get sad then angry and then ...
1f4268dfb79ad6f0d812fe9948f06c3bde9c7c9f_hq.jpg

GO DARK!!! 👿😠🤬

Double-page supporter
I'd show up at Alan's house and kill his entire family.
I think that's a fair price for attempting to take ones life through a curse.

Dex-chan lover
"I must've been an insensitive man who couldn't notice anyone's resentment towards me."
I've been there before.

Alan wasn't the one who cursed him, I'll let you guys figure out who actually did it.

@Ironclad: I can't quite say for the other questions, but for the question about how Alan didn't notice the ring on his person, wouldn't it simply be that the ring is absorbed, disappears or something when a curse is in effect to the target? Like it was never really in his person when he had the curse, but when his curse was dispelled, the ring materialized?

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
In LN during the night they were attacked by Undead wolves and she found a ring Alan recognized as that of having a lot of personal value for one of his previous party members giving him an inkling on who cursed him. Planned on returning it along with asking why cursed. Seemed kind of odd though. Being the hero's party you'd think they could have bought something else like another ring to use for the curse instead of something unique with sentimental value. Unless the plan was for him to realize who cursed him or trick him into thinking ring owner cursed him just in case the curse was broken. My bet is Edmund the seer considering his arrogant personality, knowledge about various things which would include curses, laughed at Alan despite all the help he'd given when they started out and could have been laughing because trying to hold in how Alan wasn't getting old but was cursed by him. Also, his appearance resembles the guy who cursed Ravi if take glasses off and put him in a robe although that just might be due to artist's drawing style and a coincidence. That kamikaze fighter seemed too shallow and muscle brained to comprehend on how to curse someone other than with lame insults. Didn't get much of an impression on other three one way or other so possible could have been one of them too.
@BlurEyes Can't say for sure since how curses work not detailed enough but could be the item mixes with the curse when cast and forms a curse aura that's harder to detect than an obvious seal or symbol like the one that appeared on Ravi while she was cursed. Then when curse broken the aura shifts back to the item used sans curse. Otherwise part of the curse would have to include people not noticing or perceiving the cursed object being worn by the cursed person. Considering Douglas knows the history of the ring he'd definitely have noticed wearing it when washing his hands or taking a bath.

@Svelandria Oops, nice catch. I got Alan and Douglas mixed up. I was just saying unless part of the curse makes the cursed, in this case Douglas, unable to notice the ring or transforms the ring into energy/magic power or something he would've noticed he was wearing it at some point as he immediately recognized it as Alan's after curse removed.

Double-page supporter
@BlurEyes @Mathiason Do you two mean Douglas? Alan is the hero who stood up for our MC in chapter 1, whereas Douglas is our formerly-cursed MC who is now traveling with Ravi.

This shame pic just give me a chuckle. I will be stealing it.

Also plz author. Don't make this into another usagi drop or UchiMasume.

Users who are viewing this thread