Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
So basically... this Veronica was looking for a help but no one saved her...

And has a mindset of about our Old Man MC saving kids way too late. Which resulting her jealousy.

@Psychronia
I have the same thought at you do. She was trying to protect herself by hurting others is rather unpleasant to me too. Despite tragic backstory, i dont like how she just accuse of the mc being hypocrite because he helped her indirectly. Tho i predict she will change later but if she doesnt, then she will be one of the charas i hate lol

And theres a concept of altruism which to make self good of other benefits like self image and reciprocity so thats why some people may assume and consider (more like paranoid) if theyre truly altruistic. Then there's the thing with pride. Well pride is pride and i cant say much on that because personally i think pride is useless and its just makes your life harder than it is.

Whatever the reason or immaturity, she's still unlikable and it will be a cringe if she change to be somewhat proper.
It's character development! but I don't like her to develop lel

if anyone wants to find out what's in store, go read chapter 28 of the LN on novelupdates. that would coincide with this chapter as well as a bit after this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@lenovoaxioo

That hasn't yet been made clear; it will take at least one further installment and probably more before your question is answered. But a good guess would be that she has long-standing distrust of supposèd good guys (because of Mattlock) and now additionally resents Ford for not having appeared sooner.

I just despise when characters act irrationally. Regardless of a dark past or not, it doesn't rob you of your sensibility. She has been harping on Douglas from the first time she met him, and now he destroyed the people who wronged her. How about a thank you for getting revenge for me? Everyone else is acting like hes some goody two shoes that is acting all arrogant or something, but all he does is react to the things directly in front of him. Idk just feel this bitch doesn't deserve my sympathy because of her attitude.

Dex-chan lover
@lenovoaxioo - The most generous interpretation would be that she has trust issues (last "good guy" she trusted sold her into prostitution, after all). She could even see this trying to warn others, but the way she goes about it is stupid.

@Psychronia Yes, altruism, or rather pseudo-altruism can be arrogant, even if the end result is positive. "White male savior syndrom" or Christian charity are good example of this.
In both cases, for lots of people, their generosity/actions are more driven by their own sense of self than by consideration for others. Those people think they're superior because of their privileges and have a duty to help those they see as lesser than them.
Is it cooler that rich and egotistical assholes who only think of themselves (hi Trump)? Yeah, of course it is. After all, they DO help. But their reasoning is demeaning and their acts are mostly self-serving ("I'm a good Christian and my actions lead me to paradise, so now I can continue being judgmental and shit").

@xPureHavock Because humans are rational creatures, right? 🤣🤣🤣
We could argue that the MC never acts rationally either, you know (like almost all MC).

Dex-chan lover
@firosahoge Malty was hot. Doesn't make them any more likable.

@Ihcky @hananoyuuki
Oh, fixing your problems with a snap of a finger absolutely would hurt your pride. That's sort of a common problem I prefer to be addressed when dealing with overpowered protagonists.
In this case, though, I think the bigger issue is that Douglas has power, and that inherently forces him to make a decision. Either he helps in "arrogance", doesn't help and is "cold", or tries to help them help themselves like they're children, which would be "condescending".

Also, Veronica throwing out labels like this really makes her the arrogant one, which is just another word for their pride, really. I don't really think it's strictly a bad thing, but it's definitely causing problems here. To take pride in yourself is to live with integrity and hold yourself to your own standards, but it's also not a crime to accept help.

Double-page supporter
"I don't want to be saved."
"No one asked you to save me."
Then fucking pay him, bitch! Bet you can't.
Really hate prideful people with nothing to back it of.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakuratea I mean if you have an experience of people "saving" you when you were a kid but you end up getting sold to slavery (probably got raped) after they "saved" you I mean you kinda understand where she's coming from.

Thanks for update
Man, that Will be long flashback

And randomly said, never knew of this manga was korean

Dex-chan lover
Don't care how sad her backstory is, she's got no justification to attack the MC like that. He didn't do shit to her.

Dex-chan lover
He wasn’t even going around saving others like this dingbat thought anyways; it was more of a twist of fate. Yeah, I’m sure we’re in for some dark times, but Ravi was even younger and forcibly transmuted into a monster wolf. Plus he himself has suffered too. Hopefully she’ll better herself like those two did instead of her woe is me schtick.

Users who are viewing this thread