Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
man if this was animated it would run like 5 minutes without the opening and ending songs...
*nevermind... didn't consider each chapter is broken to little chapters for easier translations huh

Dex-chan lover
These people are pretty stupid. I mean this woman talking at the end is speaking nonsense too. Kinda annoying when the story supports it like its correct when its clearly not. Reminds me of the chuuni style sophistry you get from edgy stories.

Just because you can't save everyone doesn't mean you shouldn't try to save those you cross paths with. If someone looks like they need help there is literally no reason you shouldn't help them. At the very least checking to see if they are ok is more of a basic human decency kinda thing. Its not like he's sacrificing himself unhealthily to intervene. He just wanted to know what was wrong with a person and lend a hand.

This isn't Deku breaking everything he has to help literally anyone and everyone he meets. This is just looking after people.

@kilisloe Yeah she is disrespectful. I'm just surprised by the amount of people surprised by this or acting like she has no reason to be. Like... this is some classic and logical attitude...

Double-page supporter
There's people like this in real life everywhere too. Oh no, poor girl she went through some rough situations.
Let's just forget all of those who died in the same conditions as her or that had worse luck. Bitch you are lucky you didn't die like most of the other orphans sold.

Double-page supporter
By the way, the korean flag seems to be due to https://mangadex.org/thread/154560 a caching issue due to updated images on user sides.

How is he a hypocrite? He didn't do or say anything to receive such disrespect. She's been very annoying since she showed up.

TTX

weird conversations
Lending a hand when somebody asks for help is enough
ok, somebody has problems and the right thing is to wait
what?

and why is Douglas thinking Rose is motherlike?
only because she says
That's what it's like when a parent protects a child, yes?

Dex-chan lover
Ohh boy
When will this arc end 🤣
This is becoming unenjoyable, the way chapters work isn't heping either...
If this becoming too relateable to real person or whatever, i might droped this...

I want the father-daughter duo more, not this XD

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia like a few other people said in the thread, she may be generalizing or projecting, when she says that helping people is arrogant, she's probably thinking about Matlock, and how smug he was, being praised for his humanitarianism, while selling the children into prostitution.

Contributor
fuck this girl, seriously.
This arc is even worse than in my memory of the LN.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector not just trusting people to help her, she has decided that trust makes you stupid, and has made her life about scamming others before they scam her. She was trying to earn money on her trip using various scams, until she ran into Douglas and he got warned about her.

I was fine with this arc cause brothel and father-child in it, but this girl is just getting too annoying, to the point that I'm losing interest in the manga

hmmmm

I get that veronica is acting out like a petulant teenager when she's in a brothel, but SPOILERS AHEAD
the LN says she's 15 at the moment and she was sold to the brothel when she was 9. the madam wasn't the owner of the brothel then so she was made to service people when she was fucking 9 years of age and has been working since then.

and then six years later she's lashing out at douglas because A. she no longer has a debt to pay off, so all her efforts to pay back her freedom have gone to waste and B. she is acting immature because she's actually a 15 yr old. She actually hates herself and is edgy because of this, which actually eats at Douglas' mind when he learns of this.

suffice to say this arc should be done within the next actual chapter (Chapter 10)

Contributor
Spoilers for ppl who want to know how this arc will go :
-Flashback of veronica , sold as a prostitute when she was 9
-Douglas plan to attract customers with flowers work extremely well, and all girls got way more.."work" than ever, even the less popular girls.
-the Bad guys come to get revenge (and free girls) but get rekt by a assassin. Douglas fight him after, and it's not a easy fight at all because of his poison attacks.
-After a very hard fight, he capture this assassin with a spell binding, but the assassin escape thanks to a hidden blade. How ? You will see.
-After some events, this arc is over, everyone is happy, and Veronica smile for the 1st time, saying she will not hate her past anymore.
-Douglas and Ravi flee the city.

Probably the worst arc of this story, except for the
fight, interesting to see, because it show that even if Douglas is OP, he can be killed if he's not careful.

So yeah..We will probably get at least another 2 full chapters, if not 3/4.

Dex-chan lover
@Shirt to my knowledge girls were often trained by other girls for a while before they were able to service men. Of course this isn't the story in all brothels but for mid to higher end because not all men want just sex, some of them come to talk and releave that stress as well and it would require a female with not only sexual skills but also an education on how to talk to customers and make them feel better that way too.

Dex-chan lover
Um.. ain't she just angsty cause she didn't save when she needed saving the most? And now she's just taking it out on the 'savior' who actually only wanted to prevent the slave traders from selling his daughter.... ah the hardships of life
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread