Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 4 Ch. 14.1

Dex-chan lover
Right, and it went exactly as I predicted. He had absolutely no guts to refuse. Such a pushover. I'm starting to lean on this Dario guy instead for being a realist.

@Closedbox
Not necessarily. Her mother could be in a coma, where the situation neither gets better or worse, but putting a coma person in the hospital gets very expensive very soon. So they'd bring her mother home and some would have to watch after her.

Or it could be chronic diabetes, where her mother is pretty much disabled. Those people can't do things on their own but will not get worse significantly. They will still need to be assisted.

Or it could just be what we call 'old people illness' which is a combination of several different illnesses such as arthritis, senility and other illnesses that old people contract. They may not die immediately, but they will still need to be watched for fear of them getting in trouble. My grandfather was considered healthy, but he simply fell in the bathroom one day and passed away. You never know with old people, they need to be watched when they reach a certain point.

Fed-Kun's army
@Aichan

Oh i used the wrong term but what i mean is like dat a coma or someone you have to take care of for the rest of his/her life.

Contributor
Surprisingly, Dario is not bad, he could be the best in the hero group.

The mage is obviously trash.
The hero was jealous of MC.
And the female priest...not feeling it.

Double-page supporter
That didn't go as bad as I thought. Now to see if they make the personality stick.

hmm, why i have feeling the one who put curse to mc is actually female priest and the hero know about it....

Contributor
Smart that he talked cause this way he can have backup if situation escalates with lies.

Double-page supporter
@Closedbox - Are you saying that there is no way somebody can live that long needing caregivers due to illness, because the illness would be terminal by now, and therefore outlasting Batoto means that the post is a lie? The meme-based cake may be a lie, but you are incorrect if you are saying this makes Kirei Cake a lie.

I've had that kind of illness for 20 years, since age 30, and probably will live to at least 70. Based on my family history, with two grandparents and one great-grandparent living way past age 90, people have been able to live for decades with that kind of illness since at least the mid-20th century.

I've always found Kirei Cake's comments on this subject to be perfectly in line with what my own experience is, and I've been reading since before 100manga or whatever it was. (I subscribed to Mangajin v. 1 in the late '80s!) I've posted on the subject of being ill various places under my current name and also as geekdiva, so if you search archive.org you might even find some Batoto posts on the subject.

I've posted about how manga helps me get my mind out of my pain-filled body stuck in bed, and that I wish I could do something to help the scanlators who indirectly help my situation.

I'm glad that you have never experienced being housebound for decades either due to your own illness or that of a relative's, but this is the reality of our lives, and I'm glad that I can still say thank God for it not being a reality that makes me wish for my death. To avoid such a thing, a coping mechanism is vital in order to not become a statistic, if you'll forgive the pun. Scanlating is this scanlator's coping mechanism. If Kirei Cake's Stella (name=IIRC) asks for support for it that is within our means, we can provide it or ignore her circumstances.

I hope this information that is new to you has made you reconsider your post. You may have been confusing caregiving and hospice care.

I'm sorry this post is so long, but I lack the health to make it shorter. 😄😷😴

Fed-Kun's army
@berubetto

154c89539f45bafde5f7609311c3fcd5f6096019b21a248e4d4e1afe85515d5f.jpg

i thought that swordsman is plotting something evil but his nice 😅

Dex-chan lover
@grems Isn't that exactly how they get ya? In our guy's shoes, he shouldn't trust a single person from that party because any of them could have stolen the thing and cursed him with it to make the trail lead back to the Alan instead of themselves. This could be an act to get Douglas to let his guard down all over again. Trust no one is what I always say. They get a kick out of it at the family reunions and holiday meals when I test the food for poison.

Fed-Kun's army
@Glomoro
Alan is not only the leader of their group, but what was used to curse Douglas was something precious to him.

I mean, hero or not, you'd think he would've mentioned it if a memento of his dead parents went missing one day. Especially since Douglas remained a part of their group for quite a while after first being cursed.
That is, unless he is the one who cursed Douglas.

Of course, with the rumors now surrounding Alan, him being strangely sick/pale and all, it's also possible that something happened to him beforehand (Another curse ?).
Well, that or he is covering for the one who actually cursed Douglas.

Users who are viewing this thread