Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 4 Ch. 14.5

Oh so the prick is basically Rex-splode he can’t help but be a prick due to his past okay got it

Double-page supporter
Plot twist: his magic is even stronger than MC's but uncontrollable to the point of killing around, maybe?

Dex-chan lover
"I was raised in that place... but then I farted and the whole village was destroyed. The end."

Double-page supporter
lol people so rage at Dario since he's prick...
but no matter how prick he is, he still talking normally toward the 'chibi'....
thats proving he still has 'break' for his 'prick' personality....
well seeing he raised on "brat-only" village, probably because of that he has 'prick' personality, since no one teach him manner and MC probably the only "adult" he respected...

Dex-chan lover
@Garb-edge reminds me of that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy Raccoon acts shit to people he cares be cause he is unsure about positive emotions.

pretty sure it's some assassin cult considering the place is unknown

Fed-Kun's army
Getting really tired of seeing "chibi" instead of something like "girl" or "kid".
Translator: All according to keikaku, tomodachi!

Dex-chan lover
for crying o... a flashback chapter with this timing? How many plotlines are going to be abruptly put on pause as another starts before any resolves?

@MisterXiado: All according to keikaku, I'll shine you with my nakama powah! You baka no aho!

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 kinda thought that too, but I also though orphans who didn't want to become slaves or end up as criminals if they stayed at the church or some shit

Dex-chan lover
He's not much of a prick. He's just frank and a bit rude. Doesn't feel like an arsehole

aight, he got a backstory. he's not the antagonist. he's not bad, just blunt and tactless lol

Why so much hate towards Dario?? Like he bever did anything suoer bad imo he can be a bit rude but he's moreso just blunt and hinest and won't go behind your back but will tell everything to your face

I fucking love Dario!

@cor3zone i understand but at the same time i don't think he hated Douglas just for being weak,he was annoyed at him for not retiring when he became weak despite having every reason to,and we should not forget that Douglas could have died due to ''trying to stay relevant''.And yeah he was an arsehole about it but at the same time i appreciate arseholes who admit they are arseholes way more than if they tried to act nice and as if they never hated him in the first place.

however i do get your point and i get why he might be unlikable to many people

Dex-chan lover
@kingofhell99 He basically wanted Douglas to give up his whole life (being an adventurer-type was all he had, after all), just because him being around was inconveniencing the rest of the party. 'You're being a bother, fuck off.'

Dario was an awful person. It's good he's being honest about it now, but for me it doesn't make up for his earlier behaviour. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fed-Kun's army
@cor3zone
As it's been said, Dario didn't hate Douglas merely because he became weak.
He hasn't been shown to look down on civilians, for example.
I mean, in the page you've linked, he literally says that he hated Douglas because he desperately tried to remain in the hero's party while fully knowing he wasn't able to keep up with them anymore, and that just to get the advantages that comes from being in this party.

He hated Douglas not only because he felt that Douglas was leeching off them, but also because he felt that he was just deadweight. Which is why, on the very next page, he explain that since Douglas have regained his strength, and that he doesn't really need money badly either there's no reason left for him to keep hating him.

Dex-chan lover
@Asta Yeah. I know. Which if precisely the same as ditching your friend because they are no longer useful to you. Never mind the years of building trust; Douglas spent his whole life for this, was screwed over royally by someone he trusted (if his suspicions are correct), and then the rest of his 'allies' threw him away and/or hated him the moment he became a burden. Fucking awful people, and no amount of excuses or apologies will change that.

In the very first chapter, Dario intentionally antagonizes Douglas for no good reason. He already admitted he's not trying to rejoin them anymore, and is leaving town. Yet Dario still pushes the fact he's useless and going to die in Douglas' face. He's a fucking awful person, through and through. There's also the fact that the Guild didn't even offer him a simple desk job, which wouldn't be affected by his curse, despite years of trust. But that's beside the point.

Edit: also, not hating him anymore doesn't excuse hating him for an awful reason earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread