Boushoku-Hi no Ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Their First Adventure

Aggregator gang
Honestly, this is good....I like how it portrays fights, the enemy level are usually mobs in other manga of these genre but even for supposed leveled adventures this low level mobs are a serious threat, that's good imo for the story in general...

you can also feel the heavyness of the weapon by the looks, I like that too...it must be quite heavy with that length.

Dex-chan lover
All you "conveys the seriousness and threat" people, did you forget how MC just skipped the first floor where the actual noobie monsters are because he's a fucking tough guy? Hes so scared of his "first fight" even though it's obviously not really, that he freaks the fuck out, but still he chooses to start out on the second floor skipping the "uninteresting" monsters because his ego is just that big. His ego is big, his heart is tiny like a fucking needle in a haystack.

@SuperRobotSolo looking at the sword design and the "hammer", you can tell the artist took a hard turn from realism on the weapons, but that is the thing that you kinda overlook by default to not feel sad or nitpicky.
What I can't overlook, however, is how this fight was approached. It feels extremely forced and then eventually clicks as "all this is just to introduce an skill". It's really bad if from a reader's viewpoint you can perceive this scene as the artist struggling to justify using a character's skill.

I could be entirely wrong but the "I cAn't sWIng maH swOrD at ITs spInE BcUz iS slOw" killed me inside and made me totally disregard any possible good point going on this chapter. Then go thrust and get your weapon stuck on his ribcage, f-ing dumbass.

Fed-Kun's army
I get they want to test the sword out, but using that big sledge hammer is always the way to go with skeletons. Let the girl take care of the initial trash and use the sword on a more appropriate monster.

Double-page supporter
@Debrandir
Yeah it's kind of shitty writing, I see these needlessly contrived resolutions a lot. He even inspected the sword and saw this ability.
Why not go with an excuse like "Oh let me test if this actually does what it sounds like", which is actually very reasonable.

Fed-Kun's army
mc hasnt trained for more then 2 seconds of his life. Literally 0 muscle training or sword training

Dex-chan lover
Dude has never fought in his life, goes straight to second floor without swinging his new sword even once? Damn.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, this manga's art is good but unnecessarily dramatic at times, enough to break my immersion. How annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread