Boy's Abyss - Ch. 171 - Cursed Blessing

Honestly this just felt very corny, doesn’t really feel like a tragic backstory when the guy is literally explaining how tragic she is.
I've put up with a lot of bs reading this manga but this chapter really made want to put it in the trash. More than corny this chapter just felt so contrived. In what world would an adult dump something like this on a child then go into such explicit detail about how exactly they were the reason their parents died. Like come tf on now. I'm ready for this to just get wrapped up so I can stop subjecting myself to this drivel because I'm already so many chapters deep.

Dex-chan lover
No shit, Mao, you fucking SOB. It was the tsunami's fault Yukinari and Midori died, not "Nagi"'s.

So he manipulated Nagi into making her life a whole fucking apology. No surprise Reiji was growing horrified while hearing her story.

Hope you noticed pagrs 9 to 12 are framed like a rape scenario. So, Mao may have more shady shit running into him. He gave that pedophile vive when he was introduced 2 chapters ago.

MD@Home
At first I was like, may be this uncle is too young and he trips up when talk about this the first time. BUT NAH, this bitch gotta go.

With relative like this, who need enemy.

very bad chapter. Maybe something was lost in translation but it was distasteful and pointless, and failed to be entertaining at all. Also the Nagi from firsts chapters feels like a completely different character if I recall correctly

just a question between Reiji's mom and Nagi's uncle, who is better?
Nagi's uncle for sure, the bastard doesn't came from a vicious family
he is literally the start point of all nightmares of a girl (if the earthquake and parent's death was not enough)

Dex-chan lover
To all of y'all saying this is corny or farfetched, this type of manipulation is a reoccuring theme in the story.
Yuko did it, Yuri did it, Mao did it, so if you think it's suddenly corny now, you're just not paying attention to the story.

At first I thought it was grief, but now it's clear it's just manipulation. Remember that he's likely the one who forced her into the child entertainment industry to make money for him/them. I assume this was a way to break her down to agree to such a thing out of guilt, to do what anyone asks, whatever they ask, so her parents will continue to forgive her.

He's using her as a pawn, and will throw her away once he gets enough money from her, I assume.
A goddamn monster who deserves to burn in hell, but he won't.

Double-page supporter
i thought he was gonna be a pedo
somehow, this is almost worse

Dex-chan lover
When Reiji appeared in the page 15 spread, I was almost expecting him to interject the flashback in the next page with some variant of "it ends now".

In what world would an adult dump something like this on a child then go into such explicit detail about how exactly they were the reason their parents died.
Given that child abuse in general exists, that's not at all outlandish.

Me personally, it doesn't feel that profound as a twist, but it's definitely functional.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread