Boy's Abyss - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Boy From that City

Double-page supporter
Japan and its toxic smoking culture strikes again...

They really have to do something with that shit.

Dex-chan lover
Woah. This is shaping up to be like a bastard-sweet home thing, where the author writes a happy ending for the first story, then does a 180 or a 360, but it's difficult to tell.
Hatsukoi zombie wasn't the best story I've read, nor the best romcom, nor even the best romcom harem. However, it had a lot of interesting ideas. This new work seems to be a bit more refined with its themes, and it also feels like it's been planned out better. I'm gonna keep my eye on it.

Group Leader
Boy... I can't believe I almost missed this. You can tell that this sort of series fits the author; I liked Hatsukoi Zombie a lot but this could turn out to be much much better. Loved the chapter, loved the art. Great pacing, great composition and atmosphere, sort of found it funny how I couldn't even tell who the author was until I saw the idol's eyes. I'm looking forward to more of this series.

Dex-chan lover
Man this is already so depressing. And they foreshadow the whole thing with people being jealous and double suicide and all that.

Contributor
I hate the romantization of smoking.

I also hated Hatsukoi Zombie.

But this looks interesting.

So no one mentioned how cute that geek girl is??!! she's my type I'd date her!!

Dex-chan lover
Chako is best girl...
this twat likes idols...
im already hating this

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Wow this tone is totally different from Hatsukoi Zombie. I don't think this kind of moody tragedy stuff is my cup of tea but I'm pretty impressed at how well the author changed genres.

Whenever i feel depressed, i never had urge to smoke or drink. I have tried. Only alcohol give some boost, but side effects not worth it, and smoking does not do a shit. About manga, i saw worse in my life than that. And in manga it is too unrealistic. Hard to read this stupidity.
That is only my opinion.

Fed-Kun's army
no cap she kinda did something to my kokoro
@demitsuru its 200% dependant on the person
for example ive tried alcohol and cant stand it while some people feel like theyre on the top of the world with one sip
same with smoking. toxins and whatnot have different effect on different people
another example is coffee. coffee doesnt do shit to me. meanwhile theres some college student out there who cant have a good morning without a caffeine boost from coffee.

Dex-chan lover
I’m sorry but the beginning of our deaths sounds like something someone really edgy would say for the sole purpose of being edgy (you know because everyone dies regardless). Also this seems fairly different from Hatsuki Zombie, was that a user description choice or how they’re actually helping to promote the official sale. Because yeah if the author already had a successful work that helps promote his next, but if someone bought this expecting something similar to that, they might be disappointed just because it’s different. All that said, I like it and am fairly intrigued. Looking forward to reading more.

@demitsuru Completely agree on you there. Alcohol or smoke doesnt seem to come to my mind whenever I feel depressed. They only gave me short lived gratification and hangovers arent worth it. Interestingly, its the people around me kept on convincing that I should drink my sorrows whenever I am down. Then I realised the popular culture of it and the underlying marketing ploy of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread