Boy's Abyss - Vol. 15 Ch. 150 - Birthday

Wt a fkin roll coaster😂 he is literally turning into his mom step by step man. He is pulling people into his abyss

Dex-chan lover
Oh, crap, he wasn't of age at this point?
Nah, that's why Yuri got into so much trouble and why her parents are so embarrassed of her and their neighborhood/town's perception and judgement, as if they were the ones that banged Reiji themselves.

Fuckin Japanese culture and its whole idea of the children's mistakes reflecting on the parents even after they're fully grown adults with their own lives is such a crazy thing.

I mean, sure, the whole "sins of the father/parents" thing and how it shouldn't and doesnt have anything to do with the child and all that, but you would think the reverse applies, especially if the child is already 30 and has their own life to live.

If Yuri was under eighteen, sure, cause as a minor, it does reflect on the parents' methods of raising, teaching, and disciplining, etc., their child, but her parents piss me off so much cause of this. Like almost on the same level as Chako's father and his misogynistic shittiness like purposely making his daughter stay in town and forget school in Tokyo just so she could man the register to keep their creepy old men regulars coming to buy shit so they can "flirt" with Chako.

I mean, Yuri is 30 now. How the fuck are you gonna act like her bad decisions are about you and how the community sees you. You think your image is shit, think about your daughter's image after she was not only caught, but convicted too.

Not to mention Japanese conformist culture and their "views" on mental health and mental/emotional issues is mind boggling. I mean, I know that education/knowledge and treatment and acceptance/tolerance is still a relatively new-ish thing, even on an individual nationwide scale, let alone worldwide, but Jesus Christ man. Your daughter clearly has some issues if she's unable to move on from this and continues to act like she's become a lovestruck high school/teenage girl again whenever Reiji is in the picture. And it's clearly much worse since, like Reiji, she's aware of her personal abyss and mental issues. She clearly needs help and acknowledges that and wanted to convince herself she was trying to do so before doing the addict move and just going for it just because it was being given to her. No junkie is gonna say no to free shit being offered. Take it from experience. And her parents decide that keeping her at their home, not even hers, is the "best" move? For their fucking image and not for their own daughter? Fuck man. It's like she's being treated as a shut-in like Reiji's brother.

Anyway /rant. My bad. That shit really rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Annoying that I can't just upload the image itself, but this page was the moment Yuri became completely swallowed by the Abyss.

And also when Reiji had fully unlocked and/or fully controlling/properly using (contextual, obviously, cause there's nothing proper about this lmfao) his Abyss powers and had become, and as it was shown after Yuri left, surpassed Yuko with their Abyss powers.

Dex-chan lover
Wt a fkin roll coaster😂 he is literally turning into his mom step by step man. He is pulling people into his abyss
He surpassed his mom.
Yuko sure wanted to anchor Reiji to The Town, but wasn't conscious on why she was doing that shit... or maybe we never saw her inner thoughts up until the moment Yuri ran to Tokyo. She kind of got a grasp of her abandonment issues after having flashbacks of her hermano running from home, and then when he took Reiji with his family, or when she remembered Kazumasa contaminating Reiji with the idea of leaving town and go to study to Tokyo. This very last thing was what caused Yuko to make Masaharu lose his marbles and turn him against Reiji.

Reiji is actually very self aware on why she is using Yuri. It isn't an impulsive action from him, he knew the risks, knows how dangerous Yuri is, but because he has given up, he just doesn't give a shit. And all that shit happened because he couldn't contact Nagi. He actually felt she doesn't want to do anything with him after Chako sold that story to the paparazzis and her being fired from acrylic.

It will be kind of cathartic for him once Nagi reveals she couldn't talk with him because it was Yuri who stole her phone and that she actually wanted to see him and talk about her story, but also, his story. Remember Saki's letter also included the moment when Reiji got that scar in his forehead.

But if he decides to accept the human Nagi, he must be aware there will be consequences and he must own up to them like an adult in the making. Yuri will snap badly.

Last edited:
Nobody in this manga deserves a happy ending ffs. I fucking knew there would be a plot twist on ming as soon as I see the marriage proposal. Shit is not going to end well, but I am fucking down for it.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, that's why Yuri got into so much trouble and why her parents are so embarrassed of her and their neighborhood/town's perception and judgement, as if they were the ones that banged Reiji themselves.
Well, he was 17 back during their affair together, but I thought after the post-hospital timeskip, when we saw him as a high school dropout, he had become of age.

Dex-chan lover
Well, he was 17 back during their affair together, but I thought after the post-hospital timeskip, when we saw him as a high school dropout, he had become of age.
This chapter shows he still is out of age. He turns 18 on may 1st.

Dex-chan lover
I've always been a senseifag, but it's pretty obvious that route flags for the bad end have been tripped. Kinda reminds me of the ending of one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequels (don't remember which one) where the survivor ends up going crazy and becoming the new chainsaw-wielding bad guy.

Time for Nagi to mess with the script of events and stop the cycle of darkness
But nagi started the cycle of darkness

Dex-chan lover
Bro just end the series, what the fuck is going on??? Reiji just let shino help you for God's sake. She's the only one not trying to fuck him so I trust her

Dex-chan lover
Bro just end the series, what the fuck is going on??? Reiji just let shino help you for God's sake. She's the only one not trying to fuck him so I trust her

Saki doesn't understand his misery, neither the core of his darkness, because he was born in the darkness and his life was scripted by his own mom who never had let him have a conscious of his own. Reiji became someone worse than his mom because he realized his life was all artificial. There's a reason why Reiji sees her as a blinding light who wants to pull him, but can't accept her hand because she belongsnto a different world than his. Her circumstances were the opposite to his.

Only someone as listless as him can be able to relate to him. But it needs Reiji to listen up.

Fed-Kun's army
Go back to Yuko's origin arc my dude and juxtapose the mother and son

Incidentally, do you remember which chapter that started in? I feel like I'd do pretty well to give it a reread with where we seem like we're heading.

Dex-chan lover
Incidentally, do you remember which chapter that started in? I feel like I'd do pretty well to give it a reread with where we seem like we're heading.
On the top of my head, just look for the chapter with the title "Heroine in Hell" or a chapter before that. That title's stuck to my head because it fits Yuko like a glove.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread