Boy's Abyss - Vol. 17 Ch. 172 - Last Wish

Dex-chan lover
Woah hold on, I understand disavowing that way of thinking, that one of the things women, in this case literal young girls not of age, can be criticized for in cases of sexual abuse like this is being seen as "used goods" and having that sentiment prioritized instead of tending to their deep scars, suffering, and pain inflicted upon them and properly offering them support.

This is pretty much the mistake the young Esemori made when it came to Yuko and having his ideal teenage first love/romance ruined and what caused him to reject Yuko because he couldn't handle the circumstances of her victimhood (feeling like they should've lost their virginities to each other instead of having his girlfriend's untouched body taken by other men, which is understandable since he was also a kid with surface level understanding of sexual violations and how to properly support someone going through that).

But to actually be glad that Reiji has to feel bad about this, on top of all the literal hell he's had to deal with? Why? This just comes off as excessive "eye-for-an-eye" energy that it borders on malice. One ugly truth about how men think about women's sexuality and how women think about men's sexuality is that when both genders encounter a problem or sexual defect, although they won't say it out loud to their partner's, their thoughts will undoubtedly play into common cultural narratives around sexual taboos based and differentiated by gender. For example, for girls, it's being "used goods." For guys, if he can't get it up or perform, then it's "limp dick" or becomes an attack against his manhood or "small dick energy," "you've never felt the touch of a woman" or whatever.

My point is that, we know Reiji is not like that, because when his random classmates came over to gossip about and share Nagi's junior idol gravure swimsuit pics or whatever that abomination was, Reiji stopped them for sharing any further pics out of respect for Nagi, even though she wasn't even there and would've never known. And honestly, even if we can imagine another scenario that he worry about Nagi becoming "used goods," my point is that people shouldn't be crucified for thought crimes, but rather judged for their actions, especially when those thoughts pervade our culture and become part of popular messaging that conditions both genders, which is why girls typically avoid any rumors that accuse them of promiscuity, just like guys don't want others to think they have a small dick or have erectile dysfunction.
I didn’t say it was a good or rational part. Just that tiny little voice in the back of your mind that goes “hell yeah, fuck that guy”. That said, you make good points, though i’ll have to take your word for whatever happened back in the beginning, because it’s been actual years and there’s no way i’m subjecting myself to this again.

I am suitably ashamed, and will keep this in mind going forward :notlikethis::salute:

Users who are viewing this thread