Boy's Abyss - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - A Happy Future

Aggregator gang
Honestly, I'm only reading this for the teacher. Unironically the best girl our MC could end up with.

Well, shit. Now it's Chako's turn to make some bad decisions :(
Thanks for the update!!

Dex-chan lover
LET CHAKO BE DAMN HAPPY DAMN IT, SHE'S THE ONLY SANE PERSON IN THIS DAMN SERIES

This chapter is really interesting.

First off let's start with the teacher
I'll admit it, I'm not too fond of her, she's creepy and gives me psycho vibes.
At least she's trying to help him out in some way, I'll give her that.

But then... she comes with the "don't date anyone else"
One thing is using him to fullfill your fantasies and Reiji doesn't really mind it. Another thing is monopolizing him. She wants him to feel better right? What if he founds love with other girl and that might be what saves him? She's taking away that opportunity from him, so more than helping him, she's serving her own selfish desires, as if "if you don't do what I tell you, you won't have my help".

I really don't get ppl who like her. A teacherXstudent relationship to me would be acceptable if there was actually real love there. In this case it's more about sex and lust desire. Can't see it in a good light taking into account he's still a minor and not mentally ok. She's basically the one who can provides him an escape route and at the same time she's trapping him with her in the meantime.

I just can't shake the feeling that if ever Reiji has something with someone else and she finds out, she'll lose it. She goes insane and do a bad thing. Let's hope not.

Now Chako's and Reiji's convo:
I'm really glad Chako is there for the protagonist, she's the friend he needs. Just hope all that blushing doesn't mean anything else. Having Chako attracted to Reiji too would be really weird now.

Chako notices Reiji's potential to get a girlfriend as Nagi lookwise. For his reaction we can see how much this girl still affects him, even after he decided not to go through with her proposal.
(Funny he indeed get it on not with a girl like Nagi, but herself LOL)

Can't wait for Chako's reaction on getting to know the whole truth about Nagi.

Chako's situation:
Chako seen her opporttunity to get away from that town and to fullfill her dream become more distant, this is affecting her. But when she gets to read Esemory's comments on her review her dream came true, she got the recognition of her favorite author. This is a dangerous ground, it warmed her heart and it looks she'll become more attached to this guy, therefore losing all her reason. It'll be one more thing to retain her in the town.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is like an endless circle of suffering.

I love/hate this.

Fed-Kun's army
That last panel with her crying but not showing her mouth is brilliantly terrifying. Or terrifyingly brilliant? Anyway after falling down so hard with that rejection from her family, receiving actual positive reaction about her works from her idol could put her in dilemmatic position. Showing her tears with both interpretation of whether it's happy or sad tears really cool, because it's really showing the turmoil inside her.

The teacher gives the yandere vibes but at least she's disposed to help him with the payments he'll need.

I feel sorry for Chako she was the first one who wanted to run away from that town and have a better life and now I feel like she would do something stupid like go to Esemori

@Lurielle from how i see
There's one theme which all the main character share, fear of boredom and how life is meaningless there
The stuff that they do in such rural area was such a rinse and repeat it could cause depression.

The bully need the MC else he would be bored to death
The teacher also the same, repeating everything feeling her life was meaningless, the relationship with MC is the only spice and euphoria that the teacher probably could get
The MC want to escape from that hell which he saw as bleak future, working as a slave and get bullied, helping his mom/grandma and neet brother rinse and repeat

@JacqliEster
That's actually a good approach. It fits the narrative and the character's feelings.

I really want some background on Reiji's family, specially about his father. And more importantly on Nagi's past, i'm really curious about her journey.

@Lurielle she not a saint, she deserved selfish desires too. And if he founds love with other girl, he will be trapped, bound by that relationship. Do you think other girl can let him go like teacher?

Users who are viewing this thread