Boy's Abyss - Vol. 5 Ch. 46 - Secret Meeting

Fed-Kun's army
This is getting to Chi no Wadachi levels of fucked dude, jesus fucking christ

Aggregator gang
I can't help but laugh my ass off everytime there's a new chapter. 🤣

It seems that Gen has always been an onlooker (or 'bystander') while growing up. Witnessing Reiji's mother and Reiji himself being abused by her husband but not being able to do anything as a child can be deeply affecting. He feels partly at fault, partly responsible for his father's actions, and the rest of him just doesn't want to 'take the blame' anymore and just hide somewhere.
This chapter is Reiji's mother basically gaslighting him. By bringing him to the place where his father and her have sex, showing him how she's forced to dress in her school uniform- that's deeply traumatising for a 17 year old boy no matter how mature he presents himself.

Gen has always been put on a pedestal but he breaks down quite easily. We see him practically bullying Reiji and making him buy more cigarettes than he actually needs (seeing as he keeps all of them) just so he can still talk to him. Being raised by a shitty father, I'm not surprised Gen doesn't understand how to treat people with love. He's both a victim and a bully, it's actually really sad- we always see people looking up to him, fearing him, and calling him a 'hero'. Everyone has an ideal image and expects something from him whether bad or good. Reiji has shown different sides of himself to Nagi, Yuri, and Chako, but Gen has absolutely no one to turn to and break down in front of.

I hope he gets the help he needs and change for the better, but, that's kind of unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
Did we ever find out what happened to the husband? If Gen is that towns hero did he kill him or someone else that went after Reiji before?

Dex-chan lover
this is so fucking good
the black uniform also reminded me of Himegoto

Double-page supporter
holy fucking shit this manga scares the absolute FUCK outta me
moar pls

Jesus I'm glad I was wrong about Gen and Reiji's mom sleeping together. At this point I don't know what to expect. Looks like the MC's mom is gonna ask Gen's family to take care of Miss shiba. Boy was Reiji's surprised when she heard her son tried to commit suicide, thinking that her son would never leave her. He is the last thing in her life worth fighting for seeing as her older son is a shut-in, her mother is going senile, and her husband was abusive (Ran out of town by Gen's dad). She doesn't want to give him to anyone which is starting to give me Incest vibes. She also made a connection between chako, Reiji, and the Nozoe who I believe is Reiji's biological father. At this point I want Reiji and chako to skip town and run away to Tokyo. Something is in the water because people in that town are crazy. I also believe that Nozoe's book is based on Reiji's mom seeing as she had a familiarity with it.

Double-page supporter
Them showing a fucking excavator after Reiji's mom told Gen he had to 'handle it' as the town's hero DEFINITELY implies Gen murdered Reiji's ex-husband. That would also explain the dramatic shift in Gen's personality from really chill kid to douchey asshole. (Murder does, in fact, change someone)

Dex-chan lover
The mom is the real mastermind after all. Gen is just a pawn to her, she clearly doesn't hold Gen's dad in a high regard, Ms. Shiba is but an obstacle to be cleared, so that leaves only Esemori as someone who could reliably face against her.

Users who are viewing this thread