Boy's Abyss

I just moved back to my hometown..... I really hope and pray that I'm not about to become like the MC

Welp, started reading this and thought it was fairly unique, then terrible, then a domino set of dumpster fires, then a parade of abject human failures and finally I was about to give up on everything entirely only to realize my entire evening was gone and it was dark out.

I don't know how to describe what this did to me on a fundamental level but I can say with dead certainty, this wasn't bad writing. This was a display of the most disturbing, irredeemable and sadly grounded essence of what people can be. I genuinely can't say I really hated any one of the main cast. I can't say I was rooting for any of them in the end either.

This story hasn't ended yet and I'm honestly uncomfortable when I think of where it could end. I however would recommend this series to those of you who want to truly see how one could best put us ourselves to paper, this is it.

Story is very interesting. Binged all that shit in less than 6 hours, now here I am, dead inside and contemplating about my life at 2 in the morning. At first I thought the story was unique, but things slowly got out of control to the point I was so confused I was about to drop it. However, a shit ton of plot twists happened, the story somehow made sense and I continued reading. Now here I am, 147 chapters later, terrified of humans and life in general. No one in this story is innocent nor "good", I can't like any of the characters or dislike them. All I wanna say is that this is an experience, one that I do not regret. Looking forward to the ending, let's see what the author has in store for us, either the "fate" route or the happy ending.

This might be tragedy on steroids. Love it!
Read all that in a day. It's 2:49 am on a Friday night. Love how manipulative the mother is and also is scared of it. This is one of my personal favorite psychological manga now.

This manga is like drug. You are feeling terrible during reading it but wanting more and more after each chapter. Despite everything I want MC to get happy ending.

When "misery loves company" becomes the whole story. I'm so anxious for the end. It will be the biggest relief to be done with it. Not to say it's bad, but it IS like a bag of hard to swallow pills. Lol. Like the characters, its written so even the viewers get dragged deeper into the abyss once hooked.

people still read this garbage? i dropped this 50 chapters ago
It starts out weak, then gives up strong.

at first I thought it had potential. but wtf, this just turns into the dumbest most braindead shit ever. They're no explanation for why every single fucking character has to be so obsessed with the MC's mom like she's some kind mind manipulating eldritch horror.

The single parts of the story make somewhat sense, but when you combine it all together, your head starts to hurt...

For the love of god, can someone explain to me for what reason the mc still keeps coming back to his psycho mom? And for what reason does she want everyone living in misery? "We need to create a hell deep enough so he can't leave" Bullshit, in what reality does that make sense? In the author's reality I guess because the mc for some reason like to make decisions that are worse than horror movie side characters.

The writing is great, however the author has quite a lot of difficulty utilizing logic and common sense.

Binged this up to Ch 161 and damn this gone dark, messed up, and makes one question things about their life. I stumbled upon this after rereading the end of Hatsukoi Zombie, another manga from a while back from this author. That didn't have too many twists and turns and wasn't dark at all, hell it looks fluffy by comparison to this dark matter of a story with how messed up every character is.
But this one, oh boi the mom, Yuko, is really being shown bit by bit how manipulative and evil and messed up she was. The whole town is messed uo honestly and the younger characters are getting dragged into the mess by others. And well damn the teacher going yandere and becoming another manipulative b**ch was annoying to read.
At the same time other stuff still doesn't make sense even after getting to Ch 161. Like how did the mom even become the center of the madness that haunts the other characters? Why was the town (effectively) fighting over her and forcing her to stay?
Still a lot of questions left on me but for sure I don't plan on getting back to this series until it ends to see what happens to Reiji and Nagi.
Nagi and Akira are the least messed up characters for me by this point.

I remember first picking up this manga when there was only 6 chapters out and thinking wow this is pretty unique, as I went on though I couldn’t help but feel this strange feeling, with every chapter we got the more that feeling grew, it wasn’t dread, fear or disgust, the best way I could describe would the worst most painful feeling of melancholy, you want to root for Reiji and hope he get out of the god awful place but it seems that the more tries the deeper he sinks, the better he gets the worse he falls, every time Reiji attempts to or makes some positive change some much worse thing comes to tear him apart leaving him and even emptier husk than he was before, I can’t ever truly describe the feeling this story fills me with but it is a feeling I have being carrying with me for the past 4 years and will continue to do so for the rest of my life, I love this story every chapter always has me hooked from start to finish, it is in my opinion an underrated masterpiece, I fear what will happen to Reiji in the end, I can only hope makes it out of his abyss and finds comfort in a place from which it can never consume him again

It's a pity when the author does not understand how the technology works. Police can order the carrier to locate and triangulate the cell phone location when a person is missing.

Double-page supporter
I put this on hold some time ago thinking I just had to be on a strong mindset to binge read.
Today I came back to it and after 3 chapters I realised that I can't stay calm reading this and that it's eating me inside.

You can easily see that author is writing this stuff to be extremely unsettling on purpose, even if well done that way, it's not something pleasant to read (at least for me).

Lol i skimmed 2 random chapters of this and immediately thought about Nice Boat. Seems like you guys are describing a clusterfuck story that is bound for a trainwreck.

I binge-read this all the way to chap 172, and I was kind of rooting for Shiba to save Reiji and break the fate of his family. But after reading the latest chap 173, I don't feel like giving a shit about him. I think he's too far gone to be saved. I feel bad for Shiba though. She's giving her all and fighting this battle alone. I feel that a happy ending for this story would be Reiji completing his lover suicide with Nagi, and Shiba moving on with her life and finding happiness elsewhere. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. Maybe that's the message of this story. I don't know. Anyway, I feel that we are getting closer to the ending. I just hope the author won't drag on the story for the sake of prolonging it.

Users who are viewing this thread