Boy's Abyss

This is so fucked up but I can't stop reading it. Anyone have any recommendations for manga similar to this?

Wow! this is so fvcked up yet interesting story to read. I feel like throwing up when it comes to that teacher and that gen boy. 🤮

@AnimeFanTalk
>Glorifying suicide
>Not once is suicide presented as something even remotely good and the MC's mental health is on a constant downwards spiral ever since he actually started pondering killing himself.
Speedreader detected.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeFanTalk
Either you literally can't read or just being obtuse. Pretty sad tbh.

@yavinta
A bit of an exagerration don't you think? Not everything need to be analyzed throught the lense of pseudo-psychology.

@migh
May i suggest a generic trashy romcom/harem? I guess that is more your speed, especially for someone who screech about non-existant ntr like a blithering baboon

@DrPavel Well, it was a subjective opinion, so yeah, you might disagree or feel like it was exaggerated. And sure, no, but even so I stand by what I say and don't wish to engage with a piece of media that makes me feel shitty. Others are free to do what they want and decide that even if it makes them unhappy for a while after reading, they're okay with because they wish to know how the story goes.

@Galectic

What???????????????? Did you not read the first 5 chapters? The MC believes suicide is right to escape. There was even an entire arc built around the idea of escaping town is as a solution to suicide but the MC gave up, he wants to kill himself, AGAIN. You don't have to glorify suicide thru characters, but this is what has been showcased. The manga is glorifying suicide. SIMPLE AS THAT! And not just thru the MC but literally the idol, the teacher, his mother, other characters around him are glorifying the satisfaction of killing themself. Of leaving this world because they can't escape town.

Fanboy who can't take criticism for their favorite manga detected.

@AnimeFanTalk Yes, the MC does think it's an escape, but is it presented that way? From that arc on his mental state worsens chapter by chapter so it's not like it's being presented as a good solution to his issue. And it's not like the suicidol or the writer are shown as a good role models either. Just because the people around the MC make him want to kill himself doesn't mean the plot is presenting it as a valid solution. You are entitled to your opinion on the manga's quality but you can't really say it's glorifying suicide when it's doing the exact opposite.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeFanTalk
>The MC believes suicide is right to escape
No clue why you're unable to separate MC's perspective from your own. It's like arguing Death Note tries to support Light's views on murder = justice because he's the protagonist, despite the entire manga being centered on how wrong and narcissistic he is. Reiji believing suicide is an escape is not equivalent to the author's or an omniscient perspective on the matter. Doubly so when Reiji is the most fallible PoV in the story, almost everything he believes has been proven wrong at one point or another. Why would you even let yourself be influenced by the people the story presents in a negative light?

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeFanTalk
Is this what mindless shouen/romcom/isekai consumption does to people's brain?

Do you never read a book/manga or watch a movie when the MC is not always correct? That he/she is a flawed human being? And that the story is the inner struggle against oneself's? Are you really that tone deaf to read the underlying message of a story?

You can dislike/dropped this manga for various reason but at the very least find good reason instead of this drivel.

@yavinta
Fair enough.

@Rubaer

I mean Flowers of Evil is an obvious one, but might work for you. Tbh any work by Shūzō Oshimi is gonna hit that depressing Japanese note

NO NO NO NO Please they are starting the fucking french feudal family arc

Sees comments, people start accusing and assuming each other. Looks around and realizes, yeah world is too shit enough to bother joining in to people arguing about manga. Goes to read ecchi smut manga instead and just take this story as just for what it is, tragedy of someone who doesn't know what to do with their life and has no control over it so they are doing whatever they think is right. Enjoys time reading ecchi and smut and moves on to other mangas not having this manga or the comments affect my life coz my life is already shit as it is.

Dex-chan lover
I dont really know whats happening down there in the comments, but if someone wants to die let them, same for if they DONT wanna die and glorifying suicide, i dont really get what that means like, if its an escape its an escape right? The whole GLORFYING aspect has literally nothing to do with it, if the characters here are going through something so shitty that they wanna die just let them? Plus im really hoping the mum fucks the son, god damn im waiting for it

Okay please notice me but is this a manga worth reading? Should I give it a go? I'm not reading the comments below because I think there are spoilers. So please tell me if it's at least a bit worth reading. That's all.

Dex-chan lover
@APYF
It's really,really good, you should give it a try. Great art, great mystery, all the characters felt real (not like the average romcom/harem) and the author really knew how to pull you in.

A warning though, the manga deals with pretty heavy themes, but it's still worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread