Bring the Love - Ch. 24

lucas seems like a great guy but can we just talk about how GREAT IT IS THAT LEAH REJECTED HIM SO STRAIGHTFORWARDLY and very cleanly defined how she wanted their relationship to stay -- i think its great that she's able to be so honest and didnt do any of that wishy-washy stuff that might let him have strange ideas later (though i see in this case...... lucas isnt getting the hint..... i hope it hits him soon)

Considering he's apparently been asking her since way before this and has gotten the same no every time, I honestly think she was way more patient than I'd expect anyone to be. Even here he wouldn't take a firm no for an answer and honestly people like that are EXHAUSTING. The whole culture of "When a woman says no, it's really a maybe! You can change her mind!" is fucked up.

Thank goodness for Leah being super straight forward and honest though. I really didn't want to see a trope-y love triangle.

friendzone-sir-jorah-snape.jpg

Dex-chan lover
"Oooh, love hurts!" 🤣 Seriously though, friendship isn't a crumby consolation prize.

Sure it's a shame that it's not physically possible for all feelings to be returned, but that's life for ya. You can either appreciate what you've got or get some distance to protect your heart.

i feel bad for lucas but yes, when you're rejecting someone you have to be persistent cause if you don't they'll come back and do it again 😫

Dex-chan lover
The Roxant house is so cute. That guy needs to learn how to take no for an answer. Also, my heart when Leah blushed when saying bye tho!!!

Is this... a female lead who firmly rejects someone... without any hints of leading them on???? Leah is legendary in the shoujo genre I guess.

As she said, she understands his heart but he doesn't understand hers. Thank you so much for the chapter!!!

I'm glad we have a FL that firmly rejected his advances 😍 Lucas's father is annoying though 🙄 Thanks for the chapter!!

No, you're not the only who felt bad for Lucas!! BUT, Leah being firm and telling him that she didn't want to was such a breath of fresh air.
Also, I love Roxant so I'm not mad

Thanks for the update!!

As a Westerner, it's hard for me to know whether the original tone in Korean was harsh or just unusually direct. The way it is presented here in English is great. Yes, it sucks to be rejected, but I appreciate the unequivocal language which means that any misunderstanding is willful and undeserving of extended sympathy. And other than the reference to his young physical losses to Leah (which she already told us was a huge turnoff for her), Leah wasn't presented as being contemptuous in her refusal.

There's really no acceptable way to turn a guy down in the US. If the woman is gentle the man won't stop trying because "she's playing hard to get" and if the woman is firm she's heartless. I can't speak for other English-speaking countries, but in the US it's a very difficult line to walk. Kudos to the translator, as well as the writer, for the portrayal here. I'm bumping up my rating.

looking forward to leah kicking his ass, which is presumably the soon coming result of his unwanted advances

I feel bad for him too but it's honestly nice to see that she rejected him clearly instead of beating around the bush lol

I felt bad for lucas just a little bit, but i love how consistent and firm our fl is.
She doesnt spare a chance for others to misunderstand her.
That's what makes her attractive and her personality shines.
I love leah so much, i can understand y roxy loves her too. 🤩❤️

@Ronin40k very well said! :) We cannot deny that there will be some cultural sensitivities but I guess the best way is still to be honest and not to lead anyone on wherever you may be. Thanks to matchamango and yeon!

I laughed so hard at the “Are you guys Cerberus?” comment for Helena and the gang. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Love Leah's firm rejection. I don't even feel bad, because it's so so so common to see puppy-dog male love interests chasing after the woman. In the end, it feels worse when they're likable and they've been strung along too long on the hopes of snagging the girl only to be crushed.

And to be honest, if Lucas was drawn fat and ugly barely anyone would be feeling bad for him right now. This family is going to be double the hassle now too, cos Lucas' sister is obviously going to renew her attempts to keep Noah as a lover now that Leah has been confirmed to be engaged (either to Roxant or Lucas, looks like in the long run she'll just care that Leah's married not about who she's marrying).

Users who are viewing this thread