Brother for Rent - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Poor baby, I feel so bad for her. She's just a kid but mentally stronger than her older brother. That worthless guy, treating his kid sister like that.. Damn, if you can't take care of her then give her to somebody who can, why you gotta make her life even more miserable. ):

@manganime yeah,., aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa szo i commented about the brother here, it kinda applies. on one hand he's.,., such a piece of shit. on the other hand he's.., a teenager (from the gakuran, he was in highschool when their parents died), the oldest he can be in the present time is 19. when their parents died he was still a kid (if he isn't still a kid), he shouldn't have been expected to take care of kanami. actual adults should have been taking care of them. he dealt with it wayyyyy poorly but man, both of them needed support that they didn't get o(;△;)o

@PaperKnights

Yeah, I get it. They both need help, ultimately the adults are to blame, but he's not without fault either. There are similar cases where older siblings end up taking the responsibility of the parents but they don't become worthless idiots like the older brother in this manga. I still think his way of handling things as the older brother was pretty selfish and pathetic. He failed miserably in protecting the only family member he has left. He's the older sibling, knows his sister can only depend on him because their relatives aren't reliable, so they only have each other, yet he's taking out all his frustration, anger, misery on this poor little girl who's also a victim and suffering from the loss. He's just not mentally strong enough, so this is the result. Rather than put into consideration his sister's safety and well-being first, he prioritizes his own feelings and chooses to let her stick around while he treats her like crap because he can't be bothered to deal with her. If he does't want to take responsibiilty for her, he can give her up, but he's too selfish and doesn't want to go through the legal processes to find a better place for her to live. Yeah, he was a teenager, I'm sure he was overwhelmed with everything, but it's not like he was incapable of doing anything about his sister. It's not like he was 10 and didn't know better. There are organizations, government and CPS agencies that could take his sister and place her into a home, but he rather mope about and be depressed instead. I'm sorry but it's hard to sympathize with someone who neglects and abuse a child, regardless of what they've been through, there is no excuse because the solution is there. People just choose to be selfish.

Dex-chan lover
"People just choose to be selfish"

Can't argue with that, but I am more concerned with the fact that both lawful parents are legally deceased, yet no organization actually try to investigate, especially when they're dealing with inheritance and stuff. There's no way in hell the officials don't realize two underaged (potentially depending on how old the brother is) kids are left alone. Government should've realized that.

@truepurple she insisted on paying at the time because she didn't want her feelings for him to get too deep.
Over time, however, that's clearly happened anyway, and now she's worried about if it's reciprocated to any degree. She might now bring up visits without paying because of her bio brother though.

i can't imagine not taking caring of my siblings if i were in a situation similar to theirs. how can he not take care of his little sister 😭

Wtf kind of brother say that to their little sister?

People who have little sister must be fortunate.. Not being like this shit... Smh

Aggregator gang
Man actual older brother's just a fuck. Like, yeah grief can fuck you up but it never equates to take it out on somebody who has nothing to do with it and is only kind to you (who you know is actually kind.)

Users who are viewing this thread