Brother for Rent - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Still, I'm kinda confuse with Kanami's brother character dev. If I abused by my parents, then they die, I'll really glad and happy than before. Sure, aside from being bullied in school, at least I lost one burden.

Though I'll kinda hate Kanami because she treated different, but still consider her love, she just kid tho.

These points makes me cannot feel his position and lost my empathy even he being bullied. Still, u can move after ur parents dead. Kanami still love u, don't hurt her.

And I surely can't let him live with Kanami. At least, not just two of them. If Kanami only with her bro, my worries can't disappear welp

The resolution is.. a bit unsatisfying in my opinion. I mean all those story, incidents, and past events that has been builded up really all crumbling down with a bad resolution. I feel like nothing got resolved, that's probably why it didn't feel good lmao. Anyway the middle part is pretty good, the drama's okay but the resolution really didn't do the story justice.
I'd give this a 7.5 on story and a solid 10 for the translators.

Dex-chan lover
Im happy for the development but I think I would have enjoyed it better if they didn't make the brother so stubborn. I enjoyed the explanation for the brothers behavior, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if he wasn't so persistent at rejecting her attempts towards reconcile. Or maybe if there was more growth between their relationship rather than on incident causing all the development, it may have been better for the incident to be the final push. What I mean is maybe within each rejection he grew more towards his sister. This might have been the case and I missed it, but it would have been nice it was more obvious? Those are my thoughts anyways and I'm going based off of memory and my memory is horrible and I wouldn't be able to write anything nowhere near as good as this anyways. Overall it's been a pleasure reading this I'm looking forward to the conclusion.

Rather than an incident to reconile them, it'd be better if it was gradual. I know kanami is the one trying to reach out, but eventually the older bro should reciprocate even a little of those feelings. I'd feel more natural, rather than having a third-party (or incident) be the thing that fixes everything at once. I would have cheered if the older brother himself was able to meet someone like kanami did, and then like the whole story would be them awkwardly trying to reconile, with lots of fluff, and THEN use the brother's past as the conflict that needs to be resolved, with the help of kanami.

Geez im rewriting the whole story....

I'm still so mad at the brother. What he did can't be excused. But forgiving....or atleast moving past that is probably best for the girl. They're definitely chosing a much harder option than just hating him. Not sure I could be so rational.
we are not on the same page.
the brother burdens it all, and Kanami doesn't know it all, she doesn't know how trash her parent is, she doesn't know how her brother is bullied, and the brother blames Kanami coz how ignorant her world is in his eyes.
in his eyes all people mocking him, including his sister (due ignorant her situation) yet he knows that is not right.
that Lucky Makoto is not a jerk grooming, and Kanami's persistence really touching, she can pay his kindness to be loyal to his brother.
actually, I intended to drop out if her real brother abandoned and chasing random groomer guy, I am glad the author had the same vision as me.

@Raydnt
I was talking about the whole school bullying part. Watching this kind of thing happening without helping the bullied is being guilty.
The MC friends have been with him during highschool, and witnessed this happening every single day and just went "oh ye it's fine". Now they meet him years later, going all "omg how could you" as if they were completely unrelated to his current condition. Male friend going all "I'm a cool defender of the weaks" when he didn't lend a hand to the brother this whole time, only tell him off now. Made me want to punch him, out of all people, those 2 shouldn't have a say in the matter.

Now of course I don't forgive the brother, he still needs to repent, but so do the 2 MC friends. I can't believe they got out of the situation as if they were good people when they're not. They should get punched (the girl too), just like the brother got hit by MC.
i agree with you
the brother never got sincere help since his childhood,
in his eyes even his sister looks like a mocking since she doesn't know the real situation

I still hate him lol
diferent vision,
for me, how toxic your family is, that your family. there is no replacement.
what you see is poin of view of outside family
you can see it can be related to abused family

Still, I'm kinda confuse with Kanami's brother character dev. If I abused by my parents, then they die, I'll really glad and happy than before. Sure, aside from being bullied in school, at least I lost one burden.

Though I'll kinda hate Kanami because she treated different, but still consider her love, she just kid tho.

These points makes me cannot feel his position and lost my empathy even he being bullied. Still, u can move after ur parents dead. Kanami still love u, don't hurt her.

And I surely can't let him live with Kanami. At least, not just two of them. If Kanami only with her bro, my worries can't disappear welp
He realizes he is a clown the entire time,
he loses his mind after hearing the recording that he is an unwanted child.
it means all his hard work is futile, also abused children have codependent tendencies, which shows how Kanami is toward his brother, which is also his brother toward his parents, but for his brother his parents is trash also has dead, also unwanted him

Dex-chan lover
we are not on the same page.
the brother burdens it all, and Kanami doesn't know it all, she doesn't know how trash her parent is, she doesn't know how her brother is bullied, and the brother blames Kanami coz how ignorant her world is in his eyes.
in his eyes all people mocking him, including his sister (due ignorant her situation) yet he knows that is not right.
that Lucky Makoto is not a jerk grooming, and Kanami's persistence really touching, she can pay his kindness to be loyal to his brother.
actually, I intended to drop out if her real brother abandoned and chasing random groomer guy, I am glad the author had the same vision as me.
Still in no way excuses his actions. Even more so if he knows what he's doing is not right. Plenty of people have horrible experiences, that doesn't give them a pass to perpetuate that. Period.

Still in no way excuses his actions. Even more so if he knows what he's doing is not right. Plenty of people have horrible experiences, that doesn't give them a pass to perpetuate that. Period.
that is not how it works, other people want karma like 2 of those people, Makoto, and his friend, yet Kanami doesn't want that.
What she wants is brother to be happy that he has returned to a kind brother.
that a true love.
She has true love for her brother, and she does not fail him even in chapter one when she does not replace him or abandon him.
The quote "Plenty of people have horrible experiences" does not fit, all people who hear that they were unwanted children by their parents firsthand will be broken, if not either they are psychopaths or sociopaths.

Dex-chan lover
that is not how it works, other people want karma like 2 of those people, Makoto, and his friend, yet Kanami doesn't want that.
What she wants is brother to be happy that he has returned to a kind brother.
that a true love.
She has true love for her brother, and she does not fail him even in chapter one when she does not replace him or abandon him.
The quote "Plenty of people have horrible experiences" does not fit, all people who hear that they were unwanted children by their parents firsthand will be broken, if not either they are psychopaths or sociopaths.
And being broken doesn't excuse punishing those around you. Maybe it explains your actions but it is still wrong and frankly makes you a bad person. Plenty of people have horrible childhoods and don't torment those around them. I'd wager a lot of kids aren't loved by their parents. The real world sucks.

My grandfather had an awful abuse filled childhood so he moved out at 12 and never spoke of his life before then. He never physically or emotionally abused my grandmother or mother because he wasn't a pos and realized the impact of abuse.

Plenty of abused people dont pass that trauma on, and its not because theyre psychopaths or sociopaths...you should actually read up on what those words mean. It's because they're better than that.

The way he treats her is wrong and unjustafiable regardless of how loyal and caring she is. He's a bad brother.

Either way, you're digging up a 4 year old post from me so I'm not interested in having a debate on this. Hope you liked the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread