Browser Extension Translator/s

Fed-Kun's army
So I've discovered a new option for translating text in images on the fly. It's obviously nowhere near as good as a proper human translated chapter, but it at least gives us options when there's no scanslation group currently translating a certain title (or simply doesn't update it often). It's also a really good tool for Mangas here on mangadex that are posted in a foreign language but without an English version.

Weblink:

https://toriitranslate.com/extension

P.s: I've used it. It does cost money. If you guys have better ones that are free I don't mind you making the subsequent recommendations here.

Dex-chan lover
How would it be compared to Google Lens and other free apps? People use different ones, when it comes to me I use Capture2Text to copy text (though I do not use MTL), if you have a better MTL than that one then it could be an option.

Fed-Kun's army
How would it be compared to Google Lens and other free apps? People use different ones, when it comes to me I use Capture2Text to copy text (though I do not use MTL), if you have a better MTL than that one then it could be an option.
Doesn't google lens only work based on pointing the camera at things in the real world?

If so, I'd say it's similar, but doesn't use the camera. Instead it just translates any image on your computer screen when using your web browser.

Dex-chan lover
While using your smartphone, there's an option for the images you have saved on the phone to activate it. Then you can decide which parts do you want to be read and transcribed, even translated if you want. It's not something you use while pointing your camera like a QR code. The only thing I don't know is if you can use the same function on the computer for free.

Users who are viewing this thread